Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Zefla

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 9:16pm Post subject: B'ah...
I got a lovely e-mail from my "Team Leader" today at work. Yes the random annoying orange one who has taken to flirting massively with the Operations Manager and dresses in shorts (?) and a tight blouse despite being 40ish. Everyone on the team got it too. It read as follows :

' Please can I remidn evryon that the internet is not for personal use. This includes luking up train times, BBC news, updating your facebook or to check the whether.'

I got incredibly tempted to write back and suggest she use it to find a dictionary.

fryfan20

Posted Tue Apr 22nd, 2008 10:12pm Post subject: B'ah...
perhaps that dictionary will be a nice birthday present

I am what I am

ClareBear

Posted Wed Apr 23rd, 2008 8:40am Post subject: B'ah...
I would've.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Apr 23rd, 2008 6:08pm Post subject: B'ah...
Jobsworth. The silly nit, that spelling is atrocious.

Assuming direct control...

Zefla

Posted Wed Apr 23rd, 2008 11:31pm Post subject: B'ah...
It's alright. I made a formal complaint about her today. So I'm fairly happy. She's not my team leader anymore because I've been moved into a different team for my last two days there(yeah- figure that one out!) and because I was five minutes late today and because she had a bunch of files that she couldn't be bothered to deal with, I got a huge pile left on my desk with a sticky on the top saying 'You've dealt with these and messed them up. Fix them before you leave.' And then I got a e-mail basically telling me that I *had* to make up five minutes this evening. To which I replied 'I'm not intending to make the five minutes up this evening as I was in 20 minutes early and working during this time yesterday. And please can you explain to A. why I'm fixing files that you have dealt with exclusively as this will affect my work log for her.' Then copied in everyone and their dog.

Huge amounts of fun. Upshot of this was that A. stormed over, took all the files from me and dumped them back on Madame Pompadour (my nickname for her- she loves shopping, never wears the same outfit twice)'s desk. Fantastic. And then I was dragged into HR's office to talk about the situation.

I'm happy now.

karen m

Posted Thu Apr 24th, 2008 1:07am Post subject: B'ah...
i hate that they never take into consideration the fact you never get out on time, stay well over an hour over time a day if not more, never get the correct breaks, come in early most days etc but the minute you are late GOD HELP YOU lol. i don't get paid overtime so i refuse to stay  as no one else does, i don't really want to further my career in my job and i've done 14 hrs a day 6/7 days a week for the last 4 yrs so i'm taking a rest hehehe.    i would have thrown it all at her, spell checked the email then re-sent it to her with an attachment of a dunce hat (not unlike the one below ) and told her that the internet wasn't for idiots who want to send crappy misspelt jargon to harrass the staff! *goes off for anger management*

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Apr 24th, 2008 7:04pm Post subject: B'ah...
Good one Zefla. I bet that felt really good doing that to her. I hate people like that and it's true what Karen says about the one time you're late they act like it's the end of the world (even when you're not employed by them or getting paid) they don't care that the rest of the time you're in miles early not getting paid and if they see you in early they'll want you to do extra work.

Assuming direct control...

Zefla

Posted Fri Apr 25th, 2008 6:27pm Post subject: B'ah...
I've phoned four providers today to request final bills. they all answered within 5 rings. And I've gotten two refunds out of it.

I'm now on hold to BT and have been for the past 12 minutes. Grrrrrrrrrr. Pick up the phone damn you!

*edit.... 18 minutes now

Zefla

Posted Fri Apr 25th, 2008 7:04pm Post subject: B'ah...
20 minutes it took them. Bah and double gah.