Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gryffindor66

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 8:39pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
I know that Mr Fry has many thousands of followers and I sought him out when I joined twitter, out of particular interests. I was among his followers yesterday but blocked today. I do not believe I've broken any rules? why then am I blocked?

It feels personal that I've been blocked and yet he does not know me.

I understand that many people sought him out all at once yesterday, maybe many have been barred? but nothing has been announced that I know of?

Perhaps it feels more personal to me because I am bipolar too. But I do feel picked on here and do not have any other way to ask why? why block me? what did I do?

I know I haven't even got around to asking him anything yet or working out how to ask. I joined the bipolar research because of him. He's away & I won't know when is good time to ask... I'm just a bit upset, I thought of Stephen Fry as as a very feeling person.
Could he say why he's done this? is it to many people or was I singled out?
I'd like to know what I did if I was?

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 8:44pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
You are not the first person I've heard this week who has had strange twitter problems. I've found a couple of people I was following have just disappeared off my list (despite being active) and I know some of my twitter friends have also lost people. It may simply be a glitch in the matrix.

That would be me.

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Feb 12th, 2009 11:43pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
Yes, I definitely think that it is a Twitter problem, and not something that Mr. Fry is doing. I say that for two reasons; first, there have been several people who have tweeted that exact question to him in the past two days and he seems truly surprised. I do not think he blocks anyone. Secondly, he or perhaps someone on his behalf (?) appeared to be running a program that was adding people to his "follow" list at a very high rate of speed this morning. Maybe it has something to do with that. Maybe it became overloaded in some way. Trust me, Stephen Fry does not treat any person, let alone his fans, that way. ♥

ETA: Just went to Twitter and I see that he is working very hard to correct this problem. Let me repeat myself, ♥ (I love that man) X-D

dminyard

Posted Fri Feb 13th, 2009 7:45pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
I also am being blocked. I imagine that it must be a Twitter problem. Hopefully it will be solved soon.

Gryffindor66

Posted Sat Feb 14th, 2009 3:10pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
I hope so too, but I'm still blocked today. I think actually there maybe thousands of us being blocked as we happened to have the misfortune of joining at roughly the same time due to Increased publicity this week.
When I joined the figure following Stephen was in the 78 or something thousands, but it dropped back yesterday to 53,000 & is now 54,000 today.

It's not obvious whether the blocks will ever be lifted or not automatically, but I'm sure I've done nothing offensive to cause this to happen. I hope they will, if not, perhaps the only other way is to rejoin twitter with a different contact? nuisance though.
Good luck too

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 14th, 2009 3:22pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
Gryffendor66 have you sent your Twitter user name to #fryblock (I think that is right, will go over and check it in a minute). I believe he is unblocking people once he has been informed of the people who were blocked. Or if you would like I will tweet him your twitter user name so he can unblock you. Is your twitter name also Gryffendor66?

ETA: Just tweeted him, but I am not sure if he is still online to see it. Good luck. Oh, and the correct hashtag is #fryblocked.

JamesR87

Posted Sat Feb 14th, 2009 10:15pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
I was blocked to Booooo!

I hashtagged a reply to Mr Fry, username JamesR87

Hopefully this will get resolved! He makes Twitter so much better!

Di_J

Posted Sun Feb 15th, 2009 4:29pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
I am (perversely?) glad to see I am not the only one. I, too, felt strangely singled out and hurt to be blocked. Immediately tried to think of a dozen reasons why. And I was rather disturbed and frustrated at my own reaction. Hadn't thought (never do, 'til after) that it might be exacerbated by BP and anxiety. Sigh. But good point. I hope this is resolved soon. I do love reading his tweets. Cheers, all.

samallez

Posted Mon Feb 16th, 2009 11:05am Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
and me! username samallez good to know that I'm not alone!

Di_J

Posted Thu Feb 19th, 2009 7:34pm Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
I've hoped the blocking issue would go away, but sadly it hasn't. I wonder if someone would be so kind as to forward a message to Mr. Fry and request that he unblock me? My twitter name is the same: Di_J.

Many thanks!!!!
Diane

mraek

Posted Wed May 13th, 2009 1:57am Post subject: Being blocked by Mr Fry from following his twitter ?
I've hoped the blocking issue would go away, but sadly it hasn't. I wonder if someone would be so kind as to forward a message to Mr. Fry and request that he unblock me? My twitter name is the same: Di_J.

Many thanks!!!!
Diane

Is anyone still having trouble with being blocked?
I haven't been on Twitter for a couple of months, and have just noticed that he blocked me. I initially suspected it was due to the mundaneness of my twitterings, but was pleased to read here that it may be a technical glitch.

Mraek