Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

thethirdgirl

Posted Tue Sep 9th, 2008 10:16am Post subject: Belated Birthday
Very sincere late happy birthday. I can't wait for you to begin your seventh novel.

foxriver

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 6:47am Post subject: Belated Birthday
Very sincere late happy birthday. I can't wait for you to begin your seventh novel.
happy birthday though late!

skinandvein

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 2:45pm Post subject: Belated Birthday
"I love work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of the Dog), first published to mixed reviews in 1889, is one of the best-loved comic novels in the English language, although it was initially intended to be a serious travel guide to recreational boating on the Thames. Sadly, its author, Jerome K Jerome, remains surprisingly neglected, though in his lifetime he was also celebrated for a cult play, The Passing of the Third Floor Back. The passing of JKJ's 150th birthday on 2 May occurred without a single reference in the British press.

It has been left to the Jerome K Jerome Society to remedy this situation with an amusing and strangely compelling "celebration", Idle Thoughts on Jerome K Jerome, edited by the society's president, Jeremy Nicholas, with a foreword by Gyles Brandreth.

This has been a labor of love which these two idlers were able to bestir themselves to complete and launch - one month after their hero's birthday. JKJ would have heartily approved.