Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

angelina johnstone

Posted Fri Feb 3rd, 2012 1:41pm Post subject: bi-polar help

Hi i really need your help with Bi=ploar as i have just been diagnosed with it after 36 years,i have lost my half brother to suicide and my friends brother and now another friend and i have tried takeing my life since age eleven,i was wondering if you could come to my place fo residence where Rudyard Kipling lived to help me do a talk on bi-polar as i dont want to lose anyone else or myself to suicicde x

Virginia Drake

Posted Sun Feb 26th, 2012 3:08am Post subject: bi-polar help

angelina johnstone said:
Hi i really need your help with Bi=ploar as i have just been diagnosed with it after 36 years,i have lost my half brother to suicide and my friends brother and now another friend and i have tried takeing my life since age eleven,i was wondering if you could come to my place fo residence where Rudyard Kipling lived to help me do a talk on bi-polar as i dont want to lose anyone else or myself to suicicde x

Hi I am BiPolar2 and was diagnosed at 38. I know you feel conflicted, surprised, angst ridden and maybe scared. I want to let you know, "it get's better," the better you are to cope with the diagnosis and accept it, the more the reality of it abides. There's tons on the net about it, but Carrie Fisher swears by ECT., and there's also physciatric service dogs, hard to find but worth the effort. Write to me if you want, I'm willing to hear you in this format and twitter.

Virginia Drake

bluegirl72

Posted Wed Mar 14th, 2012 1:14pm Post subject: bi-polar help

Hi, I was diagnosed this past year with bipolar disorder. Angelina, I had my first depression when I was eleven; it was a scary and demoralizing experience because I felt like no one understood what I was going through. It took almost thirty years for a diagnosis: better late than never, I guess. While the last few years have been challenging for me, there is a sense of relief because I know why my moods are so erratic. The meds help, but I still have break through episodes; often they are triggered by stress. My brother, one of the most trustworthy people I know, told me that I need to "let life happen" which resonates for me. I also notice that the seasons, the abundance of sunlight or lack thereof, triggers mood fluctuations; during the darkest winter months I used a light box for 15-30 minutes in the morning: this brought my mood up a notch. With the help of my husband, I try to maintain a routine and visit a support group once a week. Therefore, I do not feel so alone with my moods.

Angie Allen

Posted Fri Mar 16th, 2012 11:05am Post subject: bi-polar help

Hi, I am a photography student comming to the end of my BA year and currently writing a dissertation, which is researching the links between mental illness and creativity. Studies suggest the number of bipolar disorder, depression and psychosis diagnosis have grown tremendously in the last few decades, within this research theorists argue the nature or nurture theory (whether mental illness is carried in genes or is environmentally triggered.) To help with my research I am asking sufferers out there to write a brief account of their illness and whether they believe they have been born with the illness or it has been induced by environmental influences through their lives. I would be most grateful if you could participate. Should you not want to discuss this here please PM me. Hope to hear from you soon.