Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Williams-Racing

Posted Fri Oct 19th, 2012 10:46am Post subject: Bipolar

I suffer from being bipolar and am on medication but still most days struggle to get up or even find the energy to do anything. Stephen, how have you managed so well from suffering from this horrible condition?

Rose

Posted Sun Nov 4th, 2012 8:20am Post subject: Bipolar

Hiya,
I don't know what Stephen would say, but when it all seems too difficult etc, one foot in front of the other works. It's a simple thing,but has got me through some very dark lonely days.

clarkdeu

Posted Thu Jan 24th, 2013 11:55am Post subject: Bipolar

Just started reading it, and I'm hooked. It's everything both of you said, and laugh-out-loud funny as well.

clark

mbryce71

Posted Tue Jan 29th, 2013 10:07pm Post subject: Bipolar

Although not bipolar, I suffered extreme bouts of depression and an "X-Games" version of ennui. Any anti-depressant medication seemed to zombify me. People like Mr Fry were an inspiration to me, and on those days when I struggled to keep myself together, I'd always bear in mind that someone else is going through the same thing as me, if not worse.

Eventually (and without help from the esteemed medical profession) I discovered I discovered a link between magnesium deficiency and depression, as well as the deficiency and a plethora of other health issues I had. I tried a magnesium citrate supplement and it was the closest thing to a magic wand I've ever seen. Outside Harry Potter, of course.

As opposed to a magic wand inside Harry Potter.

Christopher.P

Posted Wed Jun 12th, 2013 10:44am Post subject: Bipolar

I'm doing an essay looking into the correlation between depression and people who have exceptional intelligence/creativity.
Wondering if any light could be shed on this toopic.
Thanks for your help.
Helpful sites also appreciated!