Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

DovefromAbove

Posted Sat May 4th, 2013 10:25am Post subject: Bipolar and high sensitivity

Does anyone know if bipolar is linked to high sensitivity? I am very sensitive to things people say, either to my face or behind my back and stew on them for days on end. I can't sleep, I go over and over what I would like to say in return and I get very upset and angry. Even over little things!

I've always been like this and have never really linked it to the bipolar before, but I'm just wondering what are people's thoughts on this?

xxx

Frazzy

Posted Tue May 7th, 2013 2:38pm Post subject: Bipolar and high sensitivity

It makes sense that it would be linked with a low mood, but which is the cause and which the effect?
I can't really tell what bits of my weirdness are just me, which are because of mental illness, and which are the results of a really weird childhood.

a_LexWilde

Posted Sun May 12th, 2013 11:12pm Post subject: Bipolar and high sensitivity

Hello Everyone.
Just to let you know they are a fan-Fry-project to add the subtitles to this Documentary.
If you're interested, let us know.

Here are my French subtitles : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqB7Fd1gyMQ&lis.....mp;index=1

The final goal is to allow more and more people, who don't speak english, to be able to watch and understand this amazing documentary.

Dutch subtitles are already on youtube, as are English subtitles.

Si tu acceptes de perdre un peu de ta liberté pour te sentir en sécurité, alors tu ne mérites ni l'un, ni l'autre.

@a_LexWilde

elleskippito

Posted Mon May 13th, 2013 1:42pm Post subject: Bipolar and high sensitivity

That's quite common, I think, for lots of people with mental illness, but not just bpd.

Jeff Truesdell

Posted Thu Jun 27th, 2013 6:18pm Post subject: Bipolar and high sensitivity

@ Dove-

I experience the same thing. Something that most people would brush off I dwell on forever.

It's very normal, and the quicker you embrace the feelings and work through them, the faster they go away.

Jeff Truesdell

Here's to Katy Sara Culling, Stephen Fry, and all of us coping with this disease.