Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

rawlini

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 1:30am Post subject: bipolar button?
Fry's special on bipolar disorder raised an interesting question. If you, as someone w/mental illness, had the option to press a button and be "normal," would you do it? I'm clinically depressed--no mania--but have a difficult time answering the question. Your thoughts?

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 1:39am Post subject: bipolar button?
No I dont think I would.... there are rare times when I wish I could get rid of it but most of the time I would say no. I too have depression not MD. I see it as me to be honest, as in Ive become me by having it.... Ive developed certain characteristics that I probably wouldnt have had without it and Ive experienced levels of emotions that alot of people around me dont seem to grasp. I see the world differently, I look into thinks more then face value and I over think things alot too. I also tend to be really deep... as in, everything has layers. I also love my creative side.... I actually become more creative when depressed then when Im ok....

anyways overall no I wouldnt push it!

ClareBear

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 7:09am Post subject: bipolar button?
*Moved to the SLOTMD board*

Fourth Feline

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 2:35pm Post subject: bipolar button?
After many years of thinking that hypo-mania was great, I would at one time have said :

"No, I want to keep the illness"

However, now I realise that I am more approachable/ content and creative without the mania AND the depressions are getting very deep and 8-9 months long, I say :

" enough is enough, where is that button to get off ! "

Derek.

Nadia

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2007 4:14pm Post subject: bipolar button?
I would!

Because year by year I have more depressions - depression
is SO horrible thing, hate it. I'd push that button.

JVONEARTH

Posted Wed Apr 18th, 2007 11:09pm Post subject: bipolar button?
i wouldn't i never want to be without it many reasons for it that i just can't tell you