Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

mishweaver

Posted Sat Oct 22nd, 2011 3:14pm Post subject: Bipolar Circus 'Box of Frogs'

I am in the process of making what aims to be a Bipolar Circus experience and would love some intelligent feedback from people who are interested in Bipolar Disorder (and/or Circus!)
Brazen misuse of this website?!
Box of Frogs at Jackson's Lane Theatre, London Nov 4th and 5th.
Mish Weaver

tech8y_60

Posted Thu Dec 1st, 2011 2:27pm Post subject: Bipolar Circus 'Box of Frogs'

I think this is great. If you could get a team to pull off the raw atmosphere and emotions of bipolar disorder to an audience that would be amazing. I think flashes of great, colourful, acid trip like effects for a manic episode followed by a slowing down of circus skills to isolated, blue backdrops of swinging nooses and suggestive choreography could be great.

TomHRXi

Posted Fri Jan 27th, 2012 6:56am Post subject: Bipolar Circus 'Box of Frogs'

this is really great

fudpukker

Posted Mon Apr 16th, 2012 3:19am Post subject: Bipolar Circus 'Box of Frogs'

WOOOOOOOOOW, Bi-polar my pet subject :-). I am one and proud. I am going to be over in u.k. in September 2012 for 4 months and I hope you have this still going when I get there.

Life is not a dress rehearsal and I'm not dressed ;)

mishweaver

Posted Fri May 25th, 2012 9:15am Post subject: Bipolar Circus 'Box of Frogs'

Box of Frogs, Greatest Show on Earth, Worst show you'll ever see is on at The South Bank, Purcell rooms on Sept 2nd and 3rd 2012 - no swinging nooses as such... http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Stumble-danceCircus/340867362624629

Felicity

Posted Tue Sep 4th, 2012 10:37pm Post subject: Bipolar Circus 'Box of Frogs'

This is brilliant. I too am a Bipolar person I am trying to put some of my abstract thoughts on to paper at the moment so I can share them with my friends, giving them an insight into Bipolar.

If you could tie in something to do with BIG plans that would be good. Or that in a manic episode you feel you are so much more important that you actually are (well that was what it was like for me).

:D :D :D :D :D :D

pantechnicon

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 1:28am Post subject: Bipolar Circus 'Box of Frogs'

I'm not entirely sure what message, if there is a message, would be sent out to people about bipolar? The swinging noose idea freaks me out a bit. I attempted suicide two weeks ago by swallowing a box of pills and although not recommended, instead of finding myself in the great beyond i spent the day unconscious in hospital but having an amazing trip worthy of any good acid - i won't mention what the pills were for obvious reasons but wouldn't the bipolar experience, being subjective, make it rather untranslatable for the stage? Don't want to be a killjoy or anything!