Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maniac

Posted Sun Aug 19th, 2007 12:06am Post subject: Bipolar, Emotions and Creativity
Ah, but why should someone else feel the song as you do? That's the beauty of humanity, each indivudal is unique and interacts with the world around them differently. If we all felt the same about the same songs, life would be awfully dull. We might end up loving the same people, enjoying the same food, all of that. The whole point of life is that the things that bring you joy are special to you and sometimes we have people around us to share them with. In my friendship group, part of the fun are the clashes. I for one can't stand Jim Morrison and the Doors whereas others like the bastard.

We should revel in the things that we love rather than worry about others who don't feel the same. I speak as the only member of this household who doesn't drive and who hates cars and is often laughed at for liking opera. Psh.

I agree.

This sentence made me smile "I for one can't stand Jim Morrison and the Doors whereas others like the bastard. "

lol

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Aug 19th, 2007 12:12am Post subject: Bipolar, Emotions and Creativity
What isn't there to hate about Jim Morrison? His poetry was awful, he was a terrible artist and his subversive ways extended to getting his cock out on stage. Ooooh. Anarchy. I like the story where he got wrecked and tried to hit on Janis Joplin with a few suggestive comments and a few more along the lines of 'Let's fuck'. She apparently smacked a bottle over his head. Good on you dear, shame you didn't kick him in the knackers too. he's the worst sort of 'poet rock god' imaginable. He was Hendrix without the fabulous music, cool as fuck personality, and beautiful skin tone.