Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Popeye

Posted Fri Aug 24th, 2012 7:46pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Forgot to say: I too would really love a hard copy of the book, so if anyone discovers a way I'd like to know how - And would it be possible to add Stephen's reply / thanks?

PS: Am just gonna have some celebratory profiteroles! (Didn't have any cake) - Hippo Bathday!

Everyday should be Fryday!
Soupy Twist!

lonesome aesthetic

Posted Fri Aug 24th, 2012 7:57pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

I had a brief look on lulu.com, they do lots of different styles of binding & you can download templates for each, not that I know much about pdf's, so not sure if you could import it. Forgot to look at the prices... could be worth investigating tho.

Peachy

Posted Fri Aug 24th, 2012 11:57pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

woooooooooo!! He replied & loved it so glad
well done one an all a truly masterful achievement
can't wait 4 the next fry project

We judge ourselves by our ability to make a difference. Not noisily or with sanctimonious complacency, but deep inside, in that still small place where we really talk to ourselves - Stephen Fry
my twitter @peachytweety
:) :) xx

Clive

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2012 8:33pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Yey! The book looks completely spectacular! I'm so pleased and honoured to have been part of this Fluffette project, and hope to be involved in more in the future! Thanks for including me, guys!

Stephen's message of thanks is just lovely. I'm massively glad he liked it!

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

tsirafauna

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2012 9:36pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

I finished the book! and I took some photos. crappy iPhone photos, I promise to take better ones soon. It's not perfect, but for a self-made paperback it doesn't look too bad

@tserafouin on twitter and
@tsirafauna is my english account.

lonesome aesthetic

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2012 9:47pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

That looks amazing! How did you bind it?

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2012 9:48pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

It's fine. Is there any way that you can attach it to something firmer? It's been so long since doing so that I've forgotten how. Edit: Oh wait, that would cover the cover then. Never mind.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

Desideria

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2012 9:49pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Beautiful! I even failed to print it properly ...

@AvenidaMK on Twitter

tsirafauna

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2012 10:09pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

@lonesome aesthetic: I think it's called "perfect binding" in English... I have special glue that bookbinders use. not sure how long the pages will stick together though, I've never bound a book this way (I usually use coptic stitch binding to make books). maybe if I never read it...

@Desideria maybe you could try to print the single page version? here's the link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32660898/the_fluffette_chronicles_single_page.pdf

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2012 10:46pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

You all did a fabulous job on that book. Congratulations, you all made him so happy. Ellie, excellent job putting it all together. Tsirafauna, I thought you were a genius when I saw how well you put together an ecopy, but the paperback edition looks just as if not even more fabulous. Really and excellent job.

lonesome aesthetic

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2012 10:59pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

No stitching at all, just glued? I've never used book binding glue before, there's a craft manufacture here in the uk that make one, might have to invest in some & try it out.

tsirafauna

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2012 7:14pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

I took some better photos of the book. "some" in this case meaning "55".

here you go: http://www.tserafouin.ch/2012/08/the-fluffette-chronicles/

1so-Static

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2012 9:39pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Hahahaa - I love the Chronicles cozy - nice touch

"Security isn't a dirty word, Blackadder..... CREVICE is a dirty word"
My musical project -- http://www.1so-static.co.uk/

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Aug 26th, 2012 10:27pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

The book is so overwhelmingly wonderful that even Jeeves would giggle profusely at it. Lovely work creating, coordinating, and crafting our Chronicles!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

EllieK

Posted Mon Aug 27th, 2012 12:04pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

ginj, thank you very much for your kind words It was a wonderful project and we all had tremendous fun making it.

I really REALLY want a copy of the book like tsirafauna's, but even getting the printing done to a sufficiently high standard would be an issue and I don't know the first thing about book-binding!
Also the main reason I want a hard copy is so I can hand it to him to be signed the next time he does a signing somewhere!

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”