Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

misprofessioned

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 4:22am Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Love the travelogue idea...But to rephrase earlier question, are we sticking to real time/places or can we take him to past/future middle earth, chocolate factory, stick him in the Tardis, etc too? (No OZ, Ellie. I promise. :P)I'll be writing but if u need an extra illustrations, I'll try.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 10:18am Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Ooh, I'd love to participate in this idea. Especially a travelling one. I haven't been able to write anything for over five years but if I can do illustrations, I'd be willing to draw anything.
If I can write anything it'd have to be short. *Contemplates*
Edit: I have an idea about what I can write him doing/(along with a drawing)....but it would have to involve him going to the Victorian era in my chapter.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 10:19am Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

misprofessioned said:
Love the travelogue idea...But to rephrase earlier question, are we sticking to real time/places or can we take him to past/future middle earth, chocolate factory, stick him in the Tardis, etc too? (No OZ, Ellie. I promise. :P)I'll be writing but if u need an extra illustrations, I'll try.

Taking him to the past or fantasy areas is a really good idea. *Loves it*

mvet88

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 11:04am Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Count me in also. My writing is generally better than my drawing. Neither is much good really but I'll give it a go.

If we are doing a travelogue I want him to go to Peru. Or Narnia (to meet with Prince Caspian)

Desideria

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 5:51pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

I hope fantasy elements are allowed, too. If that is the case, my story's basically finished. Wrote down some ideas and phrases last night at 2 am before I could go to sleep. I love being creative, even if nothing I write will ever win the Booker Prize.

I thought about something else we could incorporate in the book. How about a last page with short statements of every contributor stating the reason why they took part in the project? To make it a bit more personal? And a foreword by Ellie?

@AvenidaMK on Twitter

inckognito

Inactive

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 7:04pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Love the travelogue idea, as well. So, if I signed up second - that means after Norfolk *my* Stephen will teleport to .... *cunning plan face*

EllieK

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 9:29pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Re: fantasy/sci-fi elements - sure, why not? I assumed there'd be at least one person who wanted to do some form of time-travel

Desideria: you are WAY too organised, how the heck have you written yours already?? :O We usually do a credits-list for the project so that can def go in the back, and there will probably be an intro of some kind too

I am well excited already! Would be great to have as many people involved as possible - more participants = longer story!

Current List of Participants:
EllieK -words
Desideria - words
inckognito - ?
Wiwiel - art editor/design
misprofessioned - words
andrealein - pictures
Stefi - ?
Clive - compiler
Fryphile - ?
Midsomerlover - ?
Popeye - words
Droogy Woogy - pictures
mvet88 - words

I've put a question mark if I'm not sure how you'd like to contribute. The list can be updated, so if you said you'd write and then suddenly develop superb illustrative abilities I can add "pictures" on as well - and vice versa!

Deadline for sign-up is, as Fryphile suggested, 31st May.

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

lonesome aesthetic

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 11:34pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Put me down for pictures (even tho I can't really draw)

Also, re: page layout/design in this iAuthor thingy-ma-jig, can you illustrate the page? By which I mean, if we're doing a travel theme can we make the page look like a hand written journal or a postcard or a map?

Emsyphine

Posted Sun Apr 29th, 2012 11:53pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Oh I'm so SO excited. Count me in
Umm as for illustrations or words... Well I'd like to think that I can write as well as I can draw but that is probably not true. I would prefer to write (so I'm choosing words) but I absolutely love drawing too so do ask if you need extra illustrations!
Btw I have a mac and iBooks Author if you need any help with that. Also I can use photoshop and illustrator etc.

I am a lover of truth, a worshipper of freedom, a celebrant at the altar of language and purity and tolerance. - Stephen Fry

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Mon Apr 30th, 2012 3:40am Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

I think I'll write my own and then draw it. I've already got my idea done. All I have to do is figure out how he goes back in time. (Tra la la) So put me down for words/pictures if you will, please.
It's all pictured visually for me. I just have to find a way to put it in to words correctly. It'll most likely be a paragraph though.
I am excite.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Mon Apr 30th, 2012 3:42am Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

Desideria said:
I thought about something else we could incorporate in the book. How about a last page with short statements of every contributor stating the reason why they took part in the project? To make it a bit more personal? And a foreword by Ellie?

*Likes this*

mvet88

Posted Mon Apr 30th, 2012 9:42am Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

I don't think I quite understand this after looking at the app. It appears there are set templates but you can put in your own pictures but you cannot design your book from scratch?

Also how can people already have a story idea - is it not meant to flow between chapters??

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Tue May 1st, 2012 5:21am Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

As long as my drawing can get put in it I'm fine. I'm hopeless at doing art on computers.

Stefi

Posted Tue May 1st, 2012 1:43pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

I'd like to write, but I don't know where I shall send him yet- perhaps in a fantasy-world? He'd do well in kyralia or Howarts, but as I said, maybe I end up writing something completely different.
I'm also not sure what to write it with- is the app we'll use decided, as there was some discussion about it? Or does everybody send in a word document and someone puts it all together in the app? I'm not good at technology, so I thought I#d just ask.

We are talking of the idea of beauty, and the beauty of ideas.

@Giggi_1

Midsomerlover

Posted Tue May 1st, 2012 4:55pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2012!

I'd like to write too please.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.