Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

a_LexWilde

Posted Sat Jun 15th, 2013 4:42pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

and thank you Ellie to have open this topic

Si tu acceptes de perdre un peu de ta liberté pour te sentir en sécurité, alors tu ne mérites ni l'un, ni l'autre.

@a_LexWilde

EllieK

Posted Sat Jun 15th, 2013 10:45pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I actually rather like a_Lex's idea. I think it would perhaps end up rather like the playlist that we made before - everyone chose such different things and it made the whole very individual and quirky.

What does everyone else think? Is it achievable in the time we have and do we have a volunteer to edit the video? Or are there any other suggestions? Open to all ideas!

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

mvet88

Posted Sun Jun 16th, 2013 2:42am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Alex I do like your idea but I think we need to check whether everyone who wants to participate has the equipment needed to film. There may be some people who don't.

a_LexWilde

Posted Sun Jun 16th, 2013 2:00pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

You're completely right mvet88. It will ask a bit of organisation for everyone to manage to make his video and send it quickly enough to allow a volonteer to make the final video and edit it. We have more than one month to do it. I think it may be possible to do...

Well, just let ask : does someone will have trouble to manage to film some places of their acquaintance ?
I was thinking about doint it with mobile phone or sharing a mobile to a friend/familymember. I know it's not always easy or even possible for everyone to do so.

Just let us know, to see if this is a possible project to develop or not...
or do you have other suggestions. We are again in time for eveything I believe

Si tu acceptes de perdre un peu de ta liberté pour te sentir en sécurité, alors tu ne mérites ni l'un, ni l'autre.

@a_LexWilde

a_LexWilde

Posted Sun Jun 16th, 2013 2:01pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

"Sharing a mobile" ----> "Borrowing a mobile" .. Oh dear me

@a_LexWilde

Desideria

Posted Sun Jun 16th, 2013 2:16pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

That video idea sounds wonderful. Really difficult to make a choice now. I would love to do both - the cards as well as the video. How about we save one of these two ideas for this year's Christmas Project which I'm sure we'll be doing again?

@AvenidaMK on Twitter

Popeye

Posted Sun Jun 16th, 2013 7:17pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I have to agree with mvet88 and Desideria, the video idea does sound nice but I for one would have problems acheiving it so maybe we could keep that for Christmas.
I've had a couple of ideas for the Rainbow postcard idea, so my personal opinion would be to go with this - But I am open to other options if others don't agree.

Everyday should be Fryday!
Soupy Twist!

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Thu Jun 20th, 2013 4:02am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I'm for the filming idea and I already have the perfect spot to film in. There's a beach that's quiet called Crystal Cove, however I hope that being in a spot like that won't create sound problems, even if my voice is loud.
If my computer will pick up the file I'll have no problem filming it and if there will be time to drive down there I'll do it. It would have to only be done on the weekend though because that's the only days off my partner has and he'd have to drive me there.
Edit: Maybe I'd have to edit my voice in with the video because filming outdoors does create problems with picking up voices.
Edit edit: To be honest I'm more open with the video idea because I still have no idea what we're technically supposed to do with the card idea. Maybe it's because I'm stupidly slow but I don't really get it.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

Clive

Posted Fri Jun 21st, 2013 12:36pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I'm up for either of the ideas, but would totally be able to do the video one if that's the one we go for (only problem will be finding a pleasant area near where I live, LOL - sure with some hunting I can find one )

'Vote for E.L. Wisty, or invisible nudists will come along and smash you round the face.'

(E.L. Wisty)

My Attempt at Tumbling

Twitter: @CliveLive49

1so-Static

Posted Sat Jun 22nd, 2013 2:50pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

could I join in ?

"Security isn't a dirty word, Blackadder..... CREVICE is a dirty word"
My musical project -- http://www.1so-static.co.uk/

a_LexWilde

Posted Sun Jun 23rd, 2013 11:48pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Of course 1so-Static you can join in, every one can join-in ! Well, now we have to take a decision : the rainbow card or the video. Does someone have an idea to decide between both of them? Everybody vote and we take the one with the most of point? We do an heads or tails ? .... What do you think? Whatever is the project, I think we have to take a decision quickly if we want to make a nice present. Love xxx

@a_LexWilde

Popeye

Posted Mon Jun 24th, 2013 10:48pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

OK so if we were to go for the Rainbow idea I have put this together:
(But I didn't know if it was the sort of thing you meant )

For those of you that don't know, the pink hippo is called George and he is from an old kids' programme called Rainbow!

Everyday should be Fryday!
Soupy Twist!

1so-Static

Posted Tue Jun 25th, 2013 8:26pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Perfect - let's do that ^

"Security isn't a dirty word, Blackadder..... CREVICE is a dirty word"
My musical project -- http://www.1so-static.co.uk/

mvet88

Posted Wed Jun 26th, 2013 10:09am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Sorry if I misunderstood but I thought the rainbow postcard thing was meant to be a series of postcards that made up one big postcard??

andrealein

Posted Wed Jun 26th, 2013 10:52am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Yes, that was the idea: to have one big postcard that's cut into actual postcard-sized pieces for everyone. And people can write their greetings etc on the back. Like in that link that Ellie posted.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.