Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Wed Jun 26th, 2013 11:06am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

So the front has to look like the same image and we can put anything on the back? I'm completely confused on the postcard idea.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

andrealein

Posted Wed Jun 26th, 2013 4:54pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Yeah, like this: http://ohhappyday.com/2010/05/birthday-surprise-in-the-mail. Just with fewer postcards, I guess. The front would make one big image if you put all the individual cards together.

Edit: We could also make 2 cards per person if we feel like it's not enough cards. But if we want to do this, I think we should get it going soon. Or anything really.

And another edit : I won't do the video thing. Recording my voice for the poem was already more than I felt comfortable with. But don't let that influence the decision, I know that I'm unreasonable. If you think it's the best one, go for it. I just wanted to let you know.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

EllieK

Posted Wed Jun 26th, 2013 6:36pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Just to try and clarify the postcard idea...

The chosen image will be enlarged to whatever size we decide on. Then it will be split into smaller postcard-size sections, which will be blank on the reverse, for people to write whatever message they like.

I am hoping that someone will be able to split the image up into the required sections and then upload the separate images so people can print off one each. Or possibly email one section to each participant.

The only thing is, people would either have to print off their section directly onto a piece of card (which may be tricky for some people) or print it off on paper and then stick that on a piece of card of the same size.

If any arty-crafty people have any suggestions as to the best way to do this, please speak up and let us know!

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Thu Jun 27th, 2013 6:52am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

How would we be able to all get them to match? Ugh I'm stupid.

mvet88

Posted Thu Jun 27th, 2013 12:07pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Prancing Jeeves said:
How would we be able to all get them to match? Ugh I'm stupid.

We need someone who can split the image up into the required sections using a graphic program and then the sectioned image is allocated to the individual to print onto a card. The cards are then sent to one person who can forward them onto Stephen. It will match because it will all be pre-sectioned.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sat Jun 29th, 2013 6:14am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I think I get it. We just pick a postcard (blank most likely) and send them to the one designer who will stick the image on it but we can put whatever on the other side. Thanks. I felt like I was in kindergarten again where everyone did group pop up projects and I'd sit there getting frustrated because I didn't know what was going on.
Edit: Or we'll be a assigned a certain part of the image that's selected? Because I can see that. Although my printer isn't very good.

1so-Static

Posted Sat Jun 29th, 2013 9:37pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I dunno if this helps - but I'm a graphic artist and run photoshop like a demon

"Security isn't a dirty word, Blackadder..... CREVICE is a dirty word"
My musical project -- http://www.1so-static.co.uk/

Rose

Posted Sun Jun 30th, 2013 10:58pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

andrealein said:
Yeah, like this: http://ohhappyday.com/2010/05/birthday-surprise-in-the-mail. Just with fewer postcards, I guess. The front would make one big image if you put all the individual cards together.

Edit: We could also make 2 cards per person if we feel like it's not enough cards. But if we want to do this, I think we should get it going soon. Or anything really.

And another edit : I won't do the video thing. Recording my voice for the poem was already more than I felt comfortable with. But don't let that influence the decision, I know that I'm unreasonable. If you think it's the best one, go for it. I just wanted to let you know.

Your voice on the poem thing was absolutely wonderful! I enjoyed all the different accents from around the world. It was fabulous

Rose

Posted Sun Jun 30th, 2013 10:59pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I'm finished my tantrum now. Can I be in?

fryfan20

Posted Mon Jul 1st, 2013 2:08pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

oh dear yes, I remembered my password for those who don't know me, I'm not new, I am very old and haven't been on forever...sort of back (we will see how it goes)

anyway is it too late to join ? if not I'm in

I am what I am

EllieK

Posted Mon Jul 1st, 2013 10:44pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Rose and fryfan20, welcome! The more the merrier

1so-Static, your photoshop skills sound like they may be extremely useful, thanks for telling us!

I think the next step is to decide what image we're using. Please place your votes asap!

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Mon Jul 1st, 2013 10:50pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

If there's a way I can make a card cheaply I'd be interested. I barely have any money this month since all my money went to bills. :/

fryfan20

Posted Tue Jul 2nd, 2013 1:02pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

just some thoughts:
glad we don't go with video cause I would drop out (too scary for me)
think the image should be something he would enjoy looking at, so not a big picture of him could also be an idea to have a short (famous or self-made) poem as image. well one of us be putting it together or do we let him puzzle it out? if the second then it might be a good idea to number the cards to make it easier.

I am what I am

Stefi

Posted Tue Jul 2nd, 2013 1:20pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

That whole idea sounds great! If I'm not too late, I'd like to join

We are talking of the idea of beauty, and the beauty of ideas.

@Giggi_1

andrealein

Posted Tue Jul 2nd, 2013 5:27pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I'm rather fond of Fryfan's idea of using a poem!

Rose, thank you I just have some really dumb issues with my voice being recorded. I don't even know why. I actually skipped my part when listening to the poem, haha. Everyone else was really lovely, I thought.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.