Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sun Jul 7th, 2013 1:03am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Shouldn't the typing be brighter to read?

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

mvet88

Posted Sun Jul 7th, 2013 5:11am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Nice job 1so-static! I think thats the thing we are looking for. I think PJ has a point about the words being a little difficult to read towards the end but I don't think it will take long to play around with fonts and things. I'm not artistic, I can't contribute towards that but Andrealein and Fry Fan are quite artistic as far as I recall

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sun Jul 7th, 2013 7:36am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I don't want to sound nitpicky but it might be hard for Stephen to read. A simple white font with black behind the letters might work. Some of the Sans fonts are easily readable.

1so-Static

Posted Sun Jul 7th, 2013 9:35am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

That previous thing was just an experiment

move on from that I'm sure we can come up with something a lot more refined ... now that I have a way forward I can do what you request

just keep feeding the ideas in and I'll try and translate them into the art you'd like

cheers

Al

"Security isn't a dirty word, Blackadder..... CREVICE is a dirty word"
My musical project -- http://www.1so-static.co.uk/

1so-Static

Posted Sun Jul 7th, 2013 10:08am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

fonts and phones

I work from 4x 24" monitors and my phone is Samsungnote galaxy2 with 7"

I guess his awesome omniscience is using his Apple iphone of which I have no user experience.

which is the best font to come out on that?

cheers

Al

"Security isn't a dirty word, Blackadder..... CREVICE is a dirty word"
My musical project -- http://www.1so-static.co.uk/

michalina

Posted Sat Jul 13th, 2013 1:02pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

1so-Static said:
fonts and phones

I work from 4x 24" monitors and my phone is Samsungnote galaxy2 with 7"

I guess his awesome omniscience is using his Apple iphone of which I have no user experience.

which is the best font to come out on that?

cheers

Al

I absolutely love your idea! I'm new here and I just hope I could still contribute...

1so-Static, I don't think that the fact that his awesome omniscience, as you put it, uses Apple makes any difference. It should look just as awesome on his iphone as it looks here.

EllieK

Posted Tue Jul 16th, 2013 11:40am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Hi everyone!

Gosh we're getting very close to the Fry's birthday now! My apologies for not helping to shove things along a bit recently, but I've been insanely busy the last week or so trying to get a work project finished. However, we still have just over a month and if we can get the picture design sorted and sections assigned to everyone so they can print them off in the next week or so, we should still be able to manage it.

Is everyone still on board with the project? It would be a shame if we didn't do one this year, seeing as we've managed for the past few years!

To get things moving a bit, I suggest that we use the "A thing of beauty" quote on the rainbow background that 1so-Static has suggested, perhaps lightening it up a bit so that the words stand out more clearly. Objections and/or approval are all very welcome!

Onwards and upwards!

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

mvet88

Posted Tue Jul 16th, 2013 12:39pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Should we have a deadline by end of this week to confirm who is definitely in? If I actually have to post something to the UK, it could potentially take 2 weeks. Cutting it fine!

michalina

Posted Tue Jul 16th, 2013 8:38pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Definitely agree with mvet88! I hope we won't face any problems with the post..

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Tue Jul 16th, 2013 8:38pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

It costs too much to send something in a few days to the UK so it'll take me weeks too.

Popeye

Posted Tue Jul 16th, 2013 10:37pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

May I suggest 1so-Static does the touching up to make the writing more readable, then overlay it with a grid dividing it into the required amount, and maybe number the squares. Then with the list of participants we can allocate everyone a number and everyone can print out their relivent square. Once printed the personnal messages can be added, then the whole thing could be scanned in and e-mailed to whoever will post them all to print out so they are all together already. OR Even in this way the 'postcards' wouldn't need to be printed out by each contributer - they would only need to e-mail their personnal message side and the collator could apply each one to the relative section.
Does any of that make sense?

Everyday should be Fryday!
Soupy Twist!

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Tue Jul 16th, 2013 11:07pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Yes. There's one problem though. Ever since my computer bricked and I brought it back on Linux I no longer have a scanner so I can't do that.

andrealein

Posted Wed Jul 17th, 2013 11:13am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Popeye, that sounds good to me. We could leave it open to everyone. Those who want to print it themselves and send it to the person that's collecting the pieces (Ellie?) can do that. Others could use a scanner and e-mail their message.

Prancing Jeeves, if you don't have enough time to send it to the UK, maybe you could find someone else to scan it for you or go to a copy shop to get it done? Or you could take a photograph (which admittedly might not be as good). If all else fails, you could always just write a message or photoshop something on your computer.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

michalina

Posted Wed Jul 17th, 2013 2:13pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Popeye - your scanning idea is flawless. There would be absolutely no problems with getting every postcard in the right size and printed on the right paper (because I assume it should be kind of thicker than normal paper, right? Correct me if I'm wrong or I've missed something )

But I wonder if the person who'd receive all the emails with personal messages wouldn't have simply too much work to do..

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Thu Jul 18th, 2013 5:11am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

andrealein said:
Popeye, that sounds good to me. We could leave it open to everyone. Those who want to print it themselves and send it to the person that's collecting the pieces (Ellie?) can do that. Others could use a scanner and e-mail their message.

Prancing Jeeves, if you don't have enough time to send it to the UK, maybe you could find someone else to scan it for you or go to a copy shop to get it done? Or you could take a photograph (which admittedly might not be as good). If all else fails, you could always just write a message or photoshop something on your computer.

I don't have time to go to a copy shop but I can photograph my project if I prop it up against something and send it. My partner's camera is HD and shoots well.