Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

mvet88

Posted Thu Jul 18th, 2013 10:39am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

It would be extremely unfair (and expensive) for one person to print out 15 or so postcards I think! So my feeling is a few people need to volunteer to do this and I also think for practical purposes it has to be someone in the UK. I would be happy to post mine out to the final recipient but as I said, I will need at least 2 weeks to allow the card to get there.

So.... can we get an idea of where people are located geographically and who actually cannot print out a card and mail it?
(I'm in Oz btw)

andrealein

Posted Thu Jul 18th, 2013 11:06am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I wouldn't mind printing out other people's cards if they can't do it, at least if you think it's okay to just print it on photo paper. I live in Germany though. It usually takes 2-4 days to send something to the UK. But if it's not just my own card I wouldn't like to count on that and maybe want to mail it a week before the final recipient needs it.

I can definitely print out my own card and mail it.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

EllieK

Posted Thu Jul 18th, 2013 5:02pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Popeye, your idea is superb, thank you for this wonderful suggestion!

I am in the UK, so can definitely print off and post cards for anyone who needs me to

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

michalina

Posted Thu Jul 18th, 2013 5:24pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

EllieK said:
Popeye, your idea is superb, thank you for this wonderful suggestion!

I am in the UK, so can definitely print off and post cards for anyone who needs me to

It would be wonderful if you could do this for me. I live in Poland so the distance isn't that big - however, the delays and other charming characteristics of the post here which I've experienced in the past make me feel a little bit insecure about sending it myself.

Thank you in advance!

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Thu Jul 18th, 2013 7:35pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I may have to have mine printed out by someone else. I only have regular paper and somehow I lost an entire unopened collection of photo paper!

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

Peachy

Posted Fri Jul 19th, 2013 12:06am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I live in the UK and would be happy to print off any postcards for those who are unable just let me know & I'll run and buy some card to print out on

We judge ourselves by our ability to make a difference. Not noisily or with sanctimonious complacency, but deep inside, in that still small place where we really talk to ourselves - Stephen Fry
my twitter @peachytweety
:) :) xx

mvet88

Posted Fri Jul 19th, 2013 3:38am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Fantastic Andrea, Ellie and Peachy - that would give us a lot more time to get this project done. Thanks ladies

michalina

Posted Mon Jul 22nd, 2013 9:00pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Seems like the week is up and we didn't actually create a list of people who are taking part... Or maybe there's something I didn't notice?

EllieK

Posted Mon Jul 22nd, 2013 11:53pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Good point michalina!
Also, I'm not sure if 1so-Static will still be able to help us...just in case, would anyone else be able to put the postcard image together and split it up on a grid for us? That's the most complicated part of this whole thing, once that's done we're away!

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

mvet88

Posted Tue Jul 23rd, 2013 12:23am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

If someone could make up the background image and send it to me then yes I could probably manage putting the words on and splitting it up.
I think most people here are on twitter so I'm sure we can get an answer as to who's participating or not

michalina

Posted Tue Jul 23rd, 2013 2:03pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

As far as I could remember, we were perfectly satisfied with 1so-Static's artwork, but wanted the letters to be a little bit more easier to read. I am quite sure 1so-Static will appear here to help us, but in case he didn't or we were really in a hurry I thought that maybe he wouldn't feel offended if I tried to make his image brighter. I personally believe the words are more readable now:

This is 1so-Static's original artwork:

And this is my version:

I'm not sure if you'll accept this, but I really wanted to help

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Tue Jul 23rd, 2013 11:13pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

That's an improvement. Thanks!

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

Desideria

Posted Wed Jul 24th, 2013 10:38am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

That definitely is an improvement! Is it perhaps possible to correct the word "loviliness"? I think it should be "loveliness", it's in the third paragraph. Oh, and thank you to everybody who offered to print out the cards for all those who don't have the option to do so.

So, do you guys think we should move ahead now? August is approaching fast ...

@AvenidaMK on Twitter

mvet88

Posted Wed Jul 24th, 2013 11:37am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Can I be a leeetle bit picky? The only problem with the above background is that the words are aligned left and therefore splitting it (lets say we do one line down the middle and then numerous across to get our postcards) will results in half the postcards not having words and having a lot of black. Instead of fading to the black, can we have the colours running across and the words in the middle?
Sorry I'm probably being difficult.

A background like this for example:
[/URL]

michalina

Posted Wed Jul 24th, 2013 4:30pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Thank you all, and especially you, mvet88. I found your tips extremely helpful. I've spent the afternoon working on some new background. However, with the font I've chosen, which I found readable and pretty, there was place for only 2 paragraphs of the poem. Still, all in all I liked this postcard so decided not to change the font and include the third. But of course it's all up to you! What do you think?

more resembling the background mvet88 posted: