Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Piangers

Posted Wed Jul 24th, 2013 6:40pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

So....before anything, sorry my bad english....one day i will learn it...i gues =/

Well. A nice and simple idea its, everyone could record a tape, few seconds, telling him happy birthday and what we like about Mr. Fry.
Someone could take all videos and merge in a big one.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Thu Jul 25th, 2013 8:42am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

It's gorgeous and so readable! I love the background.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

EllieK

Posted Thu Jul 25th, 2013 11:10am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Piangers, thank you for your suggestion, but we do already have a project idea going at the moment. However your idea could definitely be used for a future project, so thank you for contributing it If you would like to join in with the postcard project currently being organised, just let us know!

mvet88 and michalina, I LOVE this background! My only quibble is that I think the third paragraph "A thing of beauty" is the best paragraph to use and works better than having two (or three) separate paragraphs. Could we maybe use that for the postcard instead?

What does everyone else think?

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

Piangers

Posted Thu Jul 25th, 2013 11:49pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

how can i help?

michalina

Posted Fri Jul 26th, 2013 12:25am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

EllieK, that's alright with me. I'll be able to post the image here around tomorrow evening I suppose. Thanks for your suggestion!

mvet88

Posted Fri Jul 26th, 2013 4:21am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

If we don't hear back from iso-static by this weekend and Michalina has the image, I can have a go at splitting it up. I've never tried it but I do have PS so will see....

Piangers you are welcome to participate and write a message on your postcard to send to Stephen

Piangers

Posted Fri Jul 26th, 2013 5:54pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Piangers you are welcome to participate and write a message on your postcard to send to Stephen

sry i m preatty new in this.....what should i do?

michalina

Posted Sat Jul 27th, 2013 2:11pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Oh my, I almost thought I wouldn't make it as my computer's broken down yesterday! But hopefully I remembered my steps and was able to create the background once again (on my parents' SLOW laptop ). That's why the background is not exactly the same as the ones I've posted before. I made several versions - so you can choose which one is the most readable. Also, I had to cut two verses and take them into the next line because they were so long I'd have to make the font smaller, which I decided would be simply too small. I can't wait to hear what do you all think!

mvet88

Posted Sat Jul 27th, 2013 2:39pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Lovely Michalina! Splitting it with PS looks like it should take about 5min. I have no idea how many people are taking part. Will 12 cards be enough? I am hoping the final resolution will look ok when printed out.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sat Jul 27th, 2013 4:23pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

D'oh. My printer is out of color ink. Everything's green. :/
Just a warning, I may have to email mine. Office Depot doesn't send things internationally and I have no time to go to the post office at all.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

mvet88

Posted Sun Jul 28th, 2013 10:00am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

MIchalina I'll send you a message but I need a higher resolution image to split up.
I've counted approx 14-16 people that signed up for this project but about half of them have not posted for a while. Before I split the image up can we get final confirmations? Thanks.

***Actually if a lot of people still want to take part, we may need two images to split up. We can always put the first and second verse into a separate image*****

fryfan20

Posted Sun Jul 28th, 2013 10:11am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

sorry, got a bit distracted with things, just let me know what I need to do and I'll do it (when possible)

I am what I am

Rose

Posted Sun Jul 28th, 2013 10:44am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Great work guys.
Count me in if you need numbers

ACSarahAC

Posted Sun Jul 28th, 2013 11:17am Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

Can't print anything but would love to be involved. Thanks. Yay!

\\\\\\\"When you look at Velazquez, listen to Mozart, read Dickens or laugh at Billy Connolly you are aware that what they do they do for the world and the results are, of course, magnificent. When you look at Blake, listen to Bach, read Douglas Adams or watch Eddie Izzard perform, you feel you are perhaps the only person in the world who really gets them.\\\\\\\"

Desideria

Posted Sun Jul 28th, 2013 12:34pm Post subject: Birthday Project 2013?

I'd love to participate. You can count me in.

@AvenidaMK on Twitter