Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maxx England

Posted Wed Sep 2nd, 2009 2:40pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

I bought some chocolate with no milk products involved yesterday, (I can't do milk, I get sore joints and migraines and bad guts) and it qualifies as bizarre.

It is from our local Aldi supermarket, a 5 x 125g pack of Moser-Roth Finest Dark Chocolate, (cocoa solids 52% min). Nothing unusual so far, is there?

Flavouring: chilli extract. It's actually not bad, but almost entirely but not quite totally unlike chocolate.

My jury is still considering the verdict on whether or not to continue with it.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

tito

Member *

Posted Wed Sep 2nd, 2009 2:51pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

Almost every present ever bought for me by my good friend Sue.

She is lovely. But some of her gifts have included:

A pair of brown tights (Christmas) that could only physically have been worn by a shrew.

A plastic keyring with a mouse on who appeared to be in drag and looking very unhappy about it.

It glowed in the dark.

And my all time favourite, a mantle clock draped in plastic seaweed.

Maxx England

Posted Wed Sep 2nd, 2009 2:56pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

I did send a Welsh language newspaper to Rolf in Uppsala once. Two days later, there was a phone call, and the first words he shouted were "You bastard! You bastard!". I count that as a success.

Maxx England

Posted Thu Sep 3rd, 2009 5:44pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

I think there's more than "traces" of milk in the chocolate, I had a migraine last night. And Ah'm nay 'apy.

Maren

Posted Fri Sep 4th, 2009 4:58pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

you also have Aldi - that's bizarre, Maxx

chocolate with Chili I can get here almost everywhere ... the most bizarre chocolate I remember was from "Zotter", one with celery truffle and port and the other with alpine cheese and walnuts.

Recently I saw a wine-tasting-video - they tried to find out the best Coke-Riesling-mixture. Huh, weird.

tito

Member *

Posted Fri Sep 4th, 2009 5:12pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

Re: Aldi

In the last village I lived in there was a woman who's husband had served in the Army for years and they had been stationed in Germany for a long time.

When the first Aldi opened up near us she went there every day because it reminded her of Germany.

I always imagined her standing there, looking at a shelf full of fruit and veg, crying.

joan

Posted Sat Sep 5th, 2009 6:44am Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

I guess that now I've got a puppy I buy weird things, such as pigs' ears! And being a gardener, my weirdest, but most useful Mothers' Day present was three bags of horse manure!

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Sep 5th, 2009 12:07pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

joan said:
I guess that now I've got a puppy I buy weird things, such as pigs' ears! And being a gardener, my weirdest, but most useful Mothers' Day present was three bags of horse manure!

Someone bought me twelve bags of compost Christmas before last. I was delighted with it.

Maxx England

Posted Sat Sep 5th, 2009 4:16pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

This tells you something about the quality of our childhood.

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Sep 5th, 2009 4:17pm Post subject: Bizarre products, events, anything "other"

Maxx England said:
This tells you something about the quality of our childhood.