Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

michael

Posted Fri Mar 13th, 2009 5:40pm Post subject: blog comments
i tried to post a blog comment about one week ago, and no text showed up. the last time i posted i thought it showed me my text, but said "waiting for moderation."

so i waited a few days, and then thought maybe it just didn't go through. so i posted again and the same thing happened.

so if / when it does show up i guess it'll be there twice? :-// i'm sorry!!

did i do it right? how do we know if our post has been received?

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

michael

Posted Sun Mar 15th, 2009 9:34pm Post subject: blog comments
nevermind. it hasn't posted but i don't need it posted now.

watch, now it will show up. twice. lol!

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Marty

Posted Mon Aug 10th, 2009 5:36am Post subject: blog comments

Same thing happened to me. "Waiting for moderation" sounds a lot like censorship.

Simon Wheatley

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 13th, 2009 11:57am Post subject: blog comments

Blog comments are pre-moderated, meaning that someone needs to OK them before they "go live".

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 5:09pm Post subject: blog comments

I tried to comment on the first goldilocks blog today, only a few minutes after it was posted, and it has yet to show up. I admit my snark is probably at its highest first thing in the morning but even in the light of midday I don't think I was being offensive. (and gosh, if I was, I'm really sorry.)
I was using the mobile version of the site on my iPod, and it showed that I was signed in as exoskeleton.

sockdolager.

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 7:28pm Post subject: blog comments

I can't edit, but now I'm thinking the trouble might have been whatever other issues there were with the site that I know you guys were dealing with. never mind if it just got lost in information flow, that's understandable.

sockdolager.

exoskeleton

Posted Thu Aug 20th, 2009 12:37pm Post subject: blog comments

still having trouble posting a comment. maybe this one will show up but now I'm 100% sure my content is OK.

I tried to post from my iPod which showed me signed in as exoskeleton. it seemed to be fine, but it hasn't shown up in 45 minutes or so. my comment from the other day never showed up either.

I copied my comment's text and emailed it to myself in case this happened. so now I'm posting from a big computer (not an iPod) and it seems to be working just fine.

sockdolager.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Aug 30th, 2009 2:14pm Post subject: blog comments

Seems to take some time for blog comments to be pre-moderated (I´m all for it! Some tweets should be pre-moderated too. I happened to read one tweet commenting on Mr Fry´s Office Slavery miniblog, which was utterly abusive towards Mr Fry. Some people seem to use their anonymity to take liberties. )
Only hope that my blog comment on "Damn (x5)" was not offensive, or is the system a little squeamish (I used words like biosurgery and regenerative medicine)?
Thanks to everyone fixing the website again so that it is possible to log in . Poor souls sacrificing their weekend to keep us happy!