Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

keymaker

Posted Tue Mar 31st, 2009 3:37am Post subject: Blue movie fraud
How come when Joe Bloggs makes a false expenses claim it's investigated by the police as a criminal offence but when the husband of the Home Secretary does it he only has to apologise to her and pay back the money?

km

Corona

Posted Tue Mar 31st, 2009 1:01pm Post subject: Blue movie fraud
Because there is one law for the rich and one law for the poor. Laws are strange. if you hurt some one wth a knive, you get prison. If you kill them with a car you get a fine. Something is wrong their but nobody will make it right.

Maxx England

Posted Tue Mar 31st, 2009 2:57pm Post subject: Blue movie fraud
Ah, there you are old bean, I'd wondered where you'd got to. The one law etc, absolutely true.

And as for the definitions of and penalties for crime? I've lost a friend who was crashed into by a careless driver. Who got fined. £60. Somebody somewhere now has blod on his hands. I wonder if he has a death of a good and decent hunan being on his conscience?

I do feel very weary of the world and its inconsistencies; but that's how life is.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Help

Posted Tue Mar 31st, 2009 3:41pm Post subject: Blue movie fraud
The thing that got to me about that story was that we just seemed to forget that the Home Secretary had been claiming expenses on her sisters house which she only had a room in and was hardly ever there, so nothing is mentioned about that, just the adult movies which seems strange.
It must be embaressing for her though, I bet she gave her husband a right ear bashing!
Also on a seperate but completley related topic her husband looks like Noel Edmonds

Maxx England

Posted Tue Mar 31st, 2009 5:19pm Post subject: Blue movie fraud
An ear bashing? If she'd spent some time being romantic, shall we call it, with him, he wouldn't have been bashing the other thing.

The housing aspect has now received much fuller coverage; the initial focus was entirely due to our national capacity for leering.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Help

Posted Tue Mar 31st, 2009 6:33pm Post subject: Blue movie fraud
An ear bashing? If she'd spent some time being romantic, shall we call it, with him, he wouldn't have been bashing the other thing.

Mwahaha! X-D
She's a very busy lady, or so she'd like us to believe, anyways, It's not the worst thing anyone has done, I find all this claiming of expenses on houses they don't live in much more offensive!

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Mar 31st, 2009 8:45pm Post subject: Blue movie fraud
I thought the blue movies was funny as it got all the prudes up in arms. However, I was absolutely disgusted to find out my MP had claimed approx 170,000 in expenses last year. WTF? Personally I find that amount a lot more difficult to deal with than Noel bashing the bishop to Hot and Soapy Housewives 3 for a fiver.

To be honest I'd rather up their salaries, provide constituency/London houses for them whilst they are in post and do away with all these ludicrous extra expenses. Might not be a popular view of course, but my MP was basically claiming 3 times his basic salary as expenses. Just mad.

That would be me.

keymaker

Posted Tue Apr 7th, 2009 10:20pm Post subject: Blue movie fraud
I'd rather up their salaries...
Personally I don't think the job they do is worth any more than the minimum wage. Certainly if we applied market forces we wouldn't pay any more... they have to be British so there's no competition from foreign labour and they'd still stand for election for all the perks and benefits they get such as subsidised canteen for example and cheap booze. But when it comes to grabbing benefits for themselves that no else can get such as exemption from the congestion charge, lobbying backhanders and appearance fees and personal expenses being passed off as a public benefit - that needs to stop.

km