Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

darrenaheaton

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 4:47am Post subject: british army home comings
hi
darren aka (highpeakbadger.blogstop.com
why can,t the british public get behind our lads and give them the cheers they need.
i saw on the news the pittyfull wellcome home they had and it upset me.
our american friends seem do these things much better whats wrong with the uk
is the goverment and local council to tight fisted to put a party for the regiments when they come home
what do you guys think
bye
from darren in the uk

Nitro

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 5:42am Post subject: british army home comings
I'm not sure we really do that much better Mr.Badger.

Currently in America, there are eight thousand homeless vets who are women. Too often the public forgets that women serve in the theater of war as well and they do sacrifice their lives for it. I'd bet these veteran women of foreign wars, and the men, would far rather have some meaningful help given to their readjustment than a parade. The parade would be nice, and we do them here. But too often, once the fanfare has died down, the public loses interest in what happens to them next.

Wether you agree with the war or not, I fully believe in being appreciative of those who risk their lives in service to their country and its citizens. A big, cheery parade is a good start but shouldn't be the end of those citizens interest in these men and women

Really? Wow.

Katrina

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 9:12am Post subject: british army home comings
Wether you agree with the war or not, I fully believe in being appreciative of those who risk their lives in service to their country and its citizens. A big, cheery parade is a good start but shouldn't be the end of those citizens interest in these men and women
Just wanted to say I completely agree, as someone who isn't all that happy with the current war. I've always been of the opinion that you support those in service no matter what, but it did take on a whole new meaning for me when I said good-bye to the first of many classmates who had to miss graduation because he was on his way to Iraq. Guess that means I'm getting old...
It may be that I'm from a pretty conservative state (i.e. we can't buy alcohol, cars, etc., on Sunday), and there tends to be a lot of patriotism!patriotism!patriotism! in these areas, not that that's completely wrong when it's done with the right intentions.
So anyway, to summarize, yes, get out there and support returning vets, because whether or not you agree with the war, there isn't a good excuse not to support them!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

darrenaheaton

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 2:50pm Post subject: british army home comings
I'm not sure we really do that much better Mr.Badger.

Currently in America, there are eight thousand homeless vets who are women. Too often the public forgets that women serve in the theater of war as well and they do sacrifice their lives for it. I'd bet these veteran women of foreign wars, and the men, would far rather have some meaningful help given to their readjustment than a parade. The parade would be nice, and we do them here. But too often, once the fanfare has died down, the public loses interest in what happens to them next.

THANKS FOR YOUR POST.
I can see your point ,i m sorry if my views up set you ,my post was base on bbc news story that i felt strongly about.
it is the same in our country ex service men and women being forgotten about once there injured.
i just wanted to talk about the matter so people who are not forces connected do,t forget.
ps my son is in the grenadier guards and is ging to afganistan in october
all the best.
darren
(highpeakbadger.blogspot.com)