Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 2:42am Post subject: Broken Ramblings
Found this 'poem' from a few months ago, thought I'd post it...

Just under a year ago I started writing '4am Ramblings', just a 4 line poem of random thoughts when I couldn't sleep - a complete rip off of a Pearl Jam song they used to do at their gigs in the mid 90's, changing the lyrics each time just to some random nonsence.
During my mania I did the same thing but it simply went on into this...

The day wakes from the night I've sat through,
Pacing through my thoughts in this blackened room.
No escaping fear and panic within this place,
Snubbed for friendship by full moon.

Shaking, numb, drowning in cold sweat,
Restless, Can't relax, just far too tense,
Logic fleeing my world on this night,
Abandoned by common sense.

Twisted thoughts raising hell in my head,
A living, breathing nightmare,
Possessed by madness and dispair,
Left forever dying here.

In this realm of thought tonight,
This satanic chamber I cannot flee,
Comforted only by the past, taunted by the future,
In a present that cannot be.

Note: I tend not to write poems, I write song lyrics so this is written in much the same way... but when this was written I was in no condition to create a tune so this is more an insight to the mind of a maniac rather than a masterpiece... lol.

Saturn

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 11:39am Post subject: Broken Ramblings
That's great, I'm a bit of a Pearl Jam fan too dude, which song is it though, I'm not too great on their lyrics

Vedder's a great lyricist as well as a great singer.

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 12:48pm Post subject: Broken Ramblings
That's great, I'm a bit of a Pearl Jam fan too dude, which song is it though, I'm not too great on their lyrics

Vedder's a great lyricist as well as a great singer.

It just used to be called 'Ramblings' on their early live shows, I think they replaced it with 'Arc' in the end after some fans died at their gig.
They are an amazin band, no song in the world like 'Yellow Ledbetter'... and Vedder's an incredible musician, shame he mumbles so much but maybe that's part of his charm? lol.

Amazing that they've sold somin like 60mil albums and you're the first person I've spoken too who likes em, yay for you! lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

Saturn

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 1:49pm Post subject: Broken Ramblings
Yellow Ledbetter [with the possible exception of Black] is probably my favourite tune of theirs.

"Ramblings" - hmm must be an obscure b-side or live only track, as I say I'm a fan, got most of the albums but I don't go into the minutiae of the band.

Great band, much underrated.

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 3:56pm Post subject: Broken Ramblings
Yellow Ledbetter [with the possible exception of Black] is probably my favourite tune of theirs.

"Ramblings" - hmm must be an obscure b-side or live only track, as I say I'm a fan, got most of the albums but I don't go into the minutiae of the band.

Great band, much underrated.

Yeh it was live only if it isn't on any of their albums. Only have the self-titled, Ten and Rearviewmirror album's myself so I'm not sure... but then Yellow Ledbetter and I Got ID weren't on any of their albums either I don't think?

Gotta say my favourite song of theirs at the mo is Porch. Traveled 25miles up to Nottingham to go find the Ten album just so I had that song lol.

They are an incredibly underrated band, considering they influenced alot of more successful bands like Creed etc.

Saturn

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 4:32pm Post subject: Broken Ramblings
Creed oh dear, that's unfortunate

PJ albums you should, nay/must get!!!!

VS

No Code

Yield

BInaural

Lost Dogs [All the best B-sides, including the aforementioned Yellow Ledbetter]

Satisfaction guaranteed!!

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 5:39pm Post subject: Broken Ramblings
Oh i've heard Lost Dogs... only liked Drifting, Dirty Frank and Let Me Sleep from it.

Rearviewmirror is their best of (pre-self titled) so apart from Love Boat Captain I don't think I'm missing any amazing songs?

I do have Live at the Gorge aswell.. which is 7 live cd's (100 songs) lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

Saturn

Posted Sun Jan 27th, 2008 5:53pm Post subject: Broken Ramblings
Oh i've heard Lost Dogs... only liked Drifting, Dirty Frank and Let Me Sleep from it.

Rearviewmirror is their best of (pre-self titled) so apart from Love Boat Captain I don't think I'm missing any amazing songs?

I do have Live at the Gorge aswell.. which is 7 live cd's (100 songs) lol.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3

Amazing songs you're missing?

From VS - Leash, indifference

Yield - Faithful, No Way, In Hiding

No Code - In My Tree, Present Tense

Binaural - Breakerfall, God's Dice, Evacuation, Insignificance, Parting Ways

Well these are just my favourites, if you only like a few songs on Lost Dogs well then maybe you won't like these as I loved most of Lost Dogs myself.

But horses for courses dude, I'm more of RAWKer maybe than yourself - the heavier the better!

WhyGenTom

Posted Mon Jan 28th, 2008 8:33am Post subject: Broken Ramblings
Aww I prefer Nirvana and Metallica for rock, don't think Pearl Jam do it so well.. Porch and Jeremy are good but they've got too much of an alternative sound.

Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide and Comatose off their most recent album are good though, as a heavier sound. Infact I'm listening too it now, brilliant cd...