Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ClareBear

Posted Wed Oct 15th, 2008 7:37pm Post subject: Bug reporting
found a bug? please let us know.

Clare.

Philip L. Jackson

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 5:03pm Post subject: Bug reporting
Firstly: I use the latest Opera browser, and have not tested this with any other such, 'm afraid.
Now, if the width of the screen shrinks to below the (presumably pre-set?) width of the site, a chunk disappears out of the left side, not accessible by the scroll-bar.
The right-hand side remains unaffected, and may be scrolled to as per normal expectations.
Clearly this a bit unfortunate when reading a blessay, or if you wish to press the "home" button, and so on and so forth.

Kind regards,
-Ph

ClareBear

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 7:09pm Post subject: Bug reporting
What's you resolution set to?

Philip L. Jackson

Posted Fri Oct 17th, 2008 10:06pm Post subject: Bug reporting
1024x768 on one, 1440x900 on the other. Now in full-screen it's not a problem, only if the screen is turned on it's side (res. 768x1024 on a tablet laptop) or the browser-window itself is scaled down to a smaller size.

I'm really only mentioning it because it's only an issue on the left-hand side.
So presumably it'd be possible to make it so that the scrolling bar is as long as the width of the site, rather than increasing/appearing relative only to the right-hand side of the site.
Whereas the site itself attempts to stay in the centre, which causes the left-hand side to become unavailable

I can only assume this would make it more accessible to people of peculiarily low native resolutions as well? I am, sadly not the most tech-savvy of people, and can, in this, offer only conjecture.

Incidentally, I have checked and found the same issue does appear in Firefox and IE as well.

I hope that is, in some way, helpful.
-Ph

amberzak

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 8:35am Post subject: Bug reporting
I keep trying to send a private message to any of the website creators/moderators. But it just sits in my outbox, rather than sends. Can you tell me why that is...

Clarebear, I tried to send one to you.

Soupy Twist

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 8:47am Post subject: Bug reporting
I keep trying to send a private message to any of the website creators/moderators. But it just sits in my outbox, rather than sends. Can you tell me why that is...

Your messages were sent but have not been opened yet. Messages remain in your outbox until they are opened by the recipient. Then they are moved to 'sent messages'.

amberzak

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 9:04am Post subject: Bug reporting

Your messages were sent but have not been opened yet. Messages remain in your outbox until they are opened by the recipient. Then they are moved to 'sent messages'.

Oh, right. Thank you.

skipper

Inactive

Posted Thu Oct 30th, 2008 3:16pm Post subject: Bug reporting
whoops, just spotted this, i have started a thread

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3498

about an error, perhaps you could move it.
ta v.much

sandy

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 6:07pm Post subject: Bug reporting

I loved it

Sandy :-//

sandy

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 6:10pm Post subject: Bug reporting

I loved it

Sandy :-//

Aw shucks I love the hat and scaf in the pic

sheepchrist

Posted Sun Mar 29th, 2009 10:36pm Post subject: Bug reporting
I found a bug last night on my matress or at least i think it was a bug.

could possible be a squished seseme seed or a like wise reduced coco pop.

not to self: no more bed snacks

Nitro

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 4:07am Post subject: Bug reporting

There seem to be several different bug reporting threads going on. Any way to compress them into one area.

Clare, there's a fairly serious request for assistance by a user called cooper and it's regarding his personal idenity having been 'nicked' during the change and he has questions about that. I support him in his quest for a response because he's not asking about wether he can post a pic. He's asking what happened to personal and private information in relation to himself, which is much more serious.

Really? Wow.

monochromeprincess

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 5:42pm Post subject: Bug reporting

When you click on a link in the text of this site, it opens in the forum's window, instead of a new one. My techie friend says this shouldn't be too hard to change.

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 20th, 2009 2:26pm Post subject: Bug reporting

I keep trying to post in the multi-tasking thread and nothing appears. I'm not sure if it's not posting at all or if it's going to appear with multiple posts later on... Maybe something about this was mentioned before in another thread. I can't remember too well. If anyone can remember and knows where I'd be thankful for a link.

Assuming direct control...

Skyebird

Posted Tue Aug 25th, 2009 9:44pm Post subject: Bug reporting

I'm new. My posts keep disappearing.