Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 9:27am Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party
[
*scratches head*

The scene with Mozartkugeln just mutated in my head into a shouting match between you and Stephen over who will get to shoot him.

Who will get to shoot whom?? With Mozartkugeln

Shouting match - unlikely! I never shout, not my style

Oh dear, if my sense of humour is so weird that I confuse everyone, I think I´d rather stop posting...

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 11:29pm Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party
[
*scratches head*

The scene with Mozartkugeln just mutated in my head into a shouting match between you and Stephen over who will get to shoot him.

Who will get to shoot whom?? With Mozartkugeln

It's complicated. Involves a German ad for Mozartkugeln and the german-dubbed version of Wayne's World. "Herr Baron, würden Sie sich bitte die Kugel geben?"

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 8:33am Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party

It's complicated. Involves a German ad for Mozartkugeln and the german-dubbed version of Wayne's World. "Herr Baron, würden Sie sich bitte die Kugel geben?"

Oh I see (!) (!)
Hehee, now that IS funny "würden Sie sich bitte die Kugel geben?" X-D X-D

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 12:23pm Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party
BINGO!!!

Celebrities like Eric Clapton and, of course, the Bee Gees (or what´s left of them) are members and have raised millions of pounds for charity so far.
Oh dear, I would love Mr Fry to explain to me the in(nings) and outs of cricket, I enjoy watching it, but haven´t a clue what it is all about :-// :-//

I remember once reading an excellent book called "What is a Googly?" designed to introduce novices to cricket in an amusing and easy to read way. Haven't read it for years and forgotten a lot of it, but I seem to remember it made everything clear at the time. Alternatively, go and watch a village cricket match with someone you know. A friend of mine was in an amateur team and a group of us, all quite ignorant about cricket, went to watch him and found it a perfectly charming way to spend a warm summer sunday. We must have looked quite out of place with our hippie looks (this was 1998 and we were in our mid-twenties), but that did not prevent us from enjoying everything about the day, including the company. Not as loud and competitive as other sports, but more of a picnic around a game.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 8:34pm Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party
I remember once reading an excellent book called "What is a Googly?" designed to introduce novices to cricket in an amusing and easy to read way. Haven't read it for years and forgotten a lot of it, but I seem to remember it made everything clear at the time. Alternatively, go and watch a village cricket match with someone you know. A friend of mine was in an amateur team and a group of us, all quite ignorant about cricket, went to watch him and found it a perfectly charming way to spend a warm summer sunday. We must have looked quite out of place with our hippie looks (this was 1998 and we were in our mid-twenties), but that did not prevent us from enjoying everything about the day, including the company. Not as loud and competitive as other sports, but more of a picnic around a game.

Thanks for the tip, John Steed (your name reminds me of the Avengers X-D ) I am afraid I´ll have to skip your alternative suggestion for a number of reasons... But I have made a note of the book title and will try and find it next time I come near a proper bookstore

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 12:00pm Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party
Thanks for the tip, John Steed (your name reminds me of the Avengers X-D )

That is because it is supposed to! Mr Steed, like Mr Fry, is someone I admire for his gentlemanly qualities of charm, fair play and general warmth to all. My real name is something I will only divulge privately, though I am not ashamed of it.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 8:23pm Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party

That is because it is supposed to! Mr Steed, like Mr Fry, is someone I admire for his gentlemanly qualities of charm, fair play and general warmth to all. My real name is something I will only divulge privately, though I am not ashamed of it.

I just LOVE your avatar
I always used to watch the Avengers and found Mr Steed absolutely gorgeous (I think he is about 20 years older than my own father) and so charming and VERY British (even though I could only watch the German dubbed version at the time). I am still hoping that one day The Avengers will be repeated on telly here in the UK... Perhaps I should buy the DVD collection but I just don´t know which series was the best (and I´m a bit of a penny pincher... :-// )
But Diana Rigg was brilliant too (Dame Diana Rigg...sorry )

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 8:32pm Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party
I should warn you about buying the DVD collection. It was deleted a couple of years ago and on ebay it tends to reach hideous prices in auctions. This irritates me as I only had one box left to complete the set - the last one! Like most classic 1960s British shows I suspect the rights will be bought by Network DVD and they will release it in an ugly packaging with some special features but no bloody subtitles! The absence of English subtitles bloody annoys me as it means I cannot lend or show some wonderful DVDs to my Polish friends, colleagues and students because they will have too much difficulty.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 8:44pm Post subject: Bunbury's 21st Birthday Party
Oh thanks for the warning... SO CLOSE to completing the set
I know what you mean, no-one in MY family would really enjoy watching without subtitles (German ones would be even more welcome )