Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 5:45pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

What an awesome show.
I will miss you Lyle, Gloria, Beatrice, Aunt Auriel, Mr Snell, Peter, and everyone else!

sockdolager.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 6:41pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Can we start a letter writing campaign?

Nitro

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 8:05pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

I only saw a couple of the shows, but what I saw I enjoyed.

tsk...

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Oct 9th, 2009 10:32pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

It is terribly sad that it's been cancelled...such a great show.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

silversapphire

Posted Sat Oct 10th, 2009 4:19pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

ginj said:
Can we start a letter writing campaign?

I don't see why not. I have started a petition as well, which, if we get enough signatures to be taken seriously I will send to ITV, here is the address: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/bringbackkingdom

and also by writing and/or emailing ITV on the following contact details:

To contact ITV by snailmail use:
Complaints Department
ITV Plc
200 Grays Inn Road
London, WC1X 8HF

And Email at: itvihelp@itv.com

IMPORTANT: Please be polite – this is a must. We don’t want to antagonise the powers that be with inflammatory remarks regarding the removal of Kingdom. Please be polite and suggest that they are making a huge mistake by cancelling Kingdom and to recommission it. If enough people feel as strongly as I do, and write or email them they must surely have to take notice of our feelings. Thank you all SO much.

If everybody who loves Kingdom were to contact ITV they would have to listen, and hopefully do the right thing by recommissioning it.

Much love to all, and thank you so much for your help.

Let's keep everything crossed we can bring Kingdom back. Letter writing got Star Trek back so I don't see why Kingdom cannot be helped in the same way.

Silver Sapphire

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 10th, 2009 5:20pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Thanks Silver Sapphire for the information and addresses. You are right of course, courteous and professional is the way to go. Hope it works.

ETA: Just signed your petition.

NickTheName

Posted Sat Oct 10th, 2009 5:40pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Great idea, thanks Silver Sapphire, just signed it! And tweeted to all my friends to do so! #SaveKingdom

gadgetgirl

Posted Sun Oct 11th, 2009 3:57am Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

ITV is slashing and burning a load of programs at the moment. Scottish TV has dropped a load of "english" progs like the Bill and there's a big budget shortfall: http://news.scotsman.com/itv/STV-faces---38m.5670116.jp
I don't know whether this is one of the affected/dropped progs but Kingdom does seem to have been a ratings success so I can't fathom another reason really.

That would be me.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Oct 11th, 2009 1:05pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

It's funny because Stephen hinted at the fact that ITV's budget problems would result in Kingdom not being renewed even before Series 3 was televised. I guess he already knew something, but I thought with the killer ratings that we would be safe. I don't understand why they would want to cut one of their most successful (and presumably profitable) shows.

Nitro

Posted Mon Oct 12th, 2009 5:09am Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

The british shows we get are

east enders - sorry, but it strikes me as a soap opera and i'm not a fan ( and i'm in the minority on that, again, )

the department store show that looks really dated so i guess it's an old one

keeping up appearances - sometimes pretty funny

as time goes by - my parents like it

this tells me that the red coats are coming once again...and bringing a bad taste in tv entertainment with them LOL

seriously...are you guys trying to take america back by any chance? if so, would you mind taking simon cowell off the air forever in favor of letting us see QI? please? I'll even switch to tea ( or make a good pretense of it ) if you will, k? thanks!

( i would've asked for kingdom too, but don't want to push for too much, too soon...)

Really? Wow.

dragontao

Posted Tue Oct 13th, 2009 12:15am Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

We're slowly heading towards the American way of TV which regularly sees popular shows axed. My guess is that despite good ratings in the UK, maybe there wasn't much of an export market.

I will miss Kingdom, which in my opinion, along with Doc Martin, is the best ITV produces. Stephen and the rest of the cast were fantastic, it was well written with interesting characters and totally likeable as a show.

I'll certainly write to ITV but I don't hold out much hope, if they had any sense they wouldn't have given it the chop in the first place.

LeoB

Posted Tue Oct 13th, 2009 11:17pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Just signed the petition. I really will miss the series. The thought of losing yet another quality series for more reality dross is very sad indeed.

What exactly is wrong with warm, witty, and well produced escapism?
Without Wodehouse and others life would be very dull indeed.
If reality really was so fascinating I can't help but think that everyone would be too busy living to stop and film it.

Winter

Posted Wed Oct 14th, 2009 12:11pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

I live in Belgium, and believe me: tv programs here are much worse than they are in England. Even more reality dross, yes. I'll really miss Kingdom. I've got the second season on dvd, still looking for the other two.
We get to see some good English shows on Belgian television, not very much though. That's why I'll miss Kingdom so much.

I think you're crazy, maybe

silversapphire

Posted Wed Oct 14th, 2009 6:14pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

dragontao said:
We're slowly heading towards the American way of TV which regularly sees popular shows axed. My guess is that despite good ratings in the UK, maybe there wasn't much of an export market.

I will miss Kingdom, which in my opinion, along with Doc Martin, is the best ITV produces. Stephen and the rest of the cast were fantastic, it was well written with interesting characters and totally likeable as a show.

I'll certainly write to ITV but I don't hold out much hope, if they had any sense they wouldn't have given it the chop in the first place.

Well, don't despair Drangontao, lots of shows have been cancelled by the networks and have been resurrected by letter writing campaigns and phone calls, petitions and emails. Original series Star Trek was cancelled in it's first season but with the marvellous Bjo Trimble letter writing campaign the network thought again; they were deluged.

Every letter, every phone call, every email and every signature on a perition counts, don't think it's a waste of time. It's always hard going at the start of a campaign but with your help we'll get it back.

Silver Sapphire

silversapphire

Posted Wed Oct 14th, 2009 6:18pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

ginj said:
Thanks Silver Sapphire for the information and addresses. You are right of course, courteous and professional is the way to go. Hope it works.

ETA: Just signed your petition.

Thanks so much, every signature counts. Please don't sign the Australian petition started after this one as it's just going to confuse things with multiple signings and we want ITV to take us seriously, not bin the things (which they wil do with duplicated signatures). Many thanks again for your support.

Silver Sapphire