Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

silversapphire

Posted Wed Oct 14th, 2009 6:21pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Brilliant NicktheName, the more signatures we get the better, they all DO count (as long as they're not duplicated elsewhere). Thanks so much for your support.

Silver Sapphire

silversapphire

Posted Wed Oct 14th, 2009 6:22pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

LeoB, another signature on the petition is another message of support, thanks so mcuh for supporting the campaign to get our Kingdom back!

Silver Sapphire

joewalkernomad

Posted Thu Oct 15th, 2009 8:29pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Well I must admit after series three I was expecting it.

I absolutely loved the first and second series but the third just seemed different somehow I think it was a bit stretched on the plot lines and that is probably because the plots were more moral preaching’s than a get your teeth into story.
Not that the moral points don’t need to be broached.
I think the points in the episodes are good ones and do need to be said but I just don’t think the way it was scripted seemed natural, it was more scripted if you know what I mean.
None the less I think that if ITV had given the show another series the makers might have gone back to the way it was in the first 2 series and everyone would have been happy, but the TV companies as usual chuck a good programme in the bin at the first sign of trouble in favour of these cheap reality shows that make you drop 10 I.Q. points for every minute you watch.

GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE ITV.

LauraCY

Posted Thu Oct 29th, 2009 12:58am Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

I;ve only just discovered Kingdom and now find it's cancelled. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Now I will have to hunt the DVD's down. On the plus side it means I can watch Mr Fry whenever I want.

Queen Marge

Posted Sun Nov 1st, 2009 9:28pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

I cannot understand why ITV have chosen to cancel Kingdom. Surely if a show is really popular then it will attract more advertising! In such dire financial times you would think a commercial TV station would take such things into account

spidernick

Posted Mon Nov 2nd, 2009 12:16am Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

LauraCY said:
I;ve only just discovered Kingdom and now find it's cancelled. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Now I will have to hunt the DVD's down. On the plus side it means I can watch Mr Fry whenever I want.

I didn't catch it first time round either, so when ITV1 started repeating it a few months back I started watching it. They showed three episodes, then replaced it with Rebus repeats and that's the last I saw of it. It's a little strange repeating only half a series to my mind!

If you don't want ot get the DVDs do what I did and download it.

Regards,

Nick

'We are all of us in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.' (Wilde)

LovesickFerret

Posted Mon Nov 30th, 2009 9:36pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Absolutely gutted to hear there will not be another series of "Kingdom".
There soon won't be anything worth watching on the old box! Why do they always cut the classiest programmes and leave all the "common crap" running?

holopimp

Posted Wed Feb 17th, 2010 4:55am Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

I absolutely adore Kingdom as it has two of my favourite things in it: Stephen Fry and East Anglia. I am from the Norfolk Broads myself but am living in Dublin. When I see Kingdom and the sights of home, I feel very homesick. I'll very much miss Kingdom as it was a beautiful series which made my heart glad.

himmelblau

Posted Fri Feb 19th, 2010 6:24pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Thanks to SeaSaw TV I have just watched the three series of Kingdom over the past two days, like many of you, I discovered the bombshell that Peter Kingdom was told by his doctor and where we were left in the last episode

Now I am dismayed to learn that there is not going to be a series four Come on ITV, bring back Kingdom.

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St Augustine

karen511

Posted Tue Mar 23rd, 2010 11:41pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

I'm disappointed to hear about "Kingdom"'s cancellation, too! Only just discovered it here across the pond on dvd, and was looking forward to seeing more of it! My boyfriend & I love Stephen Fry, and "Kingdom" is such a good vehicle for him, it really reflects his gentleness, quiet humor & intelligence; and the show itself is so quaint & sweet, like the others have said, how can they leave on total mindless junk and cancel a great show like this? Typical tv network mentality!

Defector

Posted Sun Mar 28th, 2010 12:01pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Right - now that ITV have dumped 'The Bill' and stated that they want to make quality drama - let's get Kingdom back on track.

Silversapphire - time for another petition?

You know it makes sense!!

lol8ta_120

Posted Thu May 13th, 2010 4:13am Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Market Shipborough is an insipid name anyway. What were their pubs called?

I no longer believe that we can keep silent. We never really do, mind you. In one way or another, we articulate what has happened to us through the kind of people we become.
---Azar Nafisi

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat May 15th, 2010 6:52pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

Nitro said:

the department store show that looks really dated so i guess it's an old one)

If you want a guaranteed laugh watch Are You Being Served just for Mollie Sugden, hilarious.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Midsomerlover

Posted Sun May 23rd, 2010 1:01pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

After all things considered, I'm beginning to understand what killed this show. When I watched the first series, I thought it was really good and it had a good basic storyline: the personal life of a country sollicitor - overshadowed by the dissappearance of his dodgy brother. The last episode in that series ended really well, but they should have kept the 'mystery' going. Bringing Simon back so early was a mistake, I realize now. And when they did bring them back, nothing was explained really well. We were kept in the dark.

Though the end of Series 2 may be my favorite Kingdom scene ever, I seem to recall a lot of people thought it was a bit far-fetched, especially the youngsters who were looting but didn't seem to notice an open bag full of money. But Stephen was absolutely brilliant in those scenes, so that kind of made up for it.

Now, the biggest problem was indeed Series 3. No mention whatsoever about how, where and when Simon was killed, what happened to the town after the flood or what happened between Mr. Snell and Gloria. Then, very out-of-character, we learn that Peter Kingdom might not be a Kingdom after all.

Don't get me wrong - I love Kingdom (see my username) and I enjoyed all three series thoroughly - but when I look at it I can understand why it was cancelled...

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

olivertWisted

Posted Tue Jun 8th, 2010 5:14pm Post subject: Bye-bye Kingdom!

O, yes! I think, that the point Love_Kingdom. Detective side of this story was lost somewhere & it's lasted like nice english soap. Seeing all of them was a great pleasure anyway

This is your home now, Joe.