Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

LilyG

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 10:21am Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
pfft, (lol) on NYE it was a constant 42 degrees at midnight. it stayed like that for three days, that constant temp, it was FERAL! we aussies have the hottest summers and then in winter its like, 5 degrees and stuff.

stupid crazy weather.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 10:25am Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
I feel for you. Are you more used to it because you live there or do you find the high temperatures uncomfortable?

Assuming direct control...

LilyG

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 10:38am Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
nah i lve the high temps. and we're pretty used to it, too. you can tell if someones a tourist in summer cos they'll be the only ones sweating, the rest are like, meh. but im only at the bottom of australia, so we're closest to the south pole, so everywhere else is actually hotter in summer

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 10:42am Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
nah i lve the high temps. and we're pretty used to it, too. you can tell if someones a tourist in summer cos they'll be the only ones sweating, the rest are like, meh. but im only at the bottom of australia, so we're closest to the south pole, so everywhere else is actually hotter in summer

Oh...dear....god. Hotter! Is it true that in Australia you always have to be careful of things like poisonous snakes and spiders even round the house? Are they really that common?

LilyG

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 12:08pm Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
well not so much in the inner city, but yeah, poisonous spiders are pretty common everywhere.

in the smaller towns like ballarat (about 100,000 population) the snakes are really common, and in the country there are STACKS.

when i was a baby my mum shot a Black snake (VERY poisonous) with her shotgun...and it was a room away from my bedroom. ack.

but ahhh, australia, i still love it.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 1:12pm Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
*realizes y'all must've been talking about temps in Celsius and therefore stops wondering what in THE HELL is the matter with you*

It's 15 here at the moment. Fahrenheit.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 1:24pm Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
well not so much in the inner city, but yeah, poisonous spiders are pretty common everywhere.

in the smaller towns like ballarat (about 100,000 population) the snakes are really common, and in the country there are STACKS.

when i was a baby my mum shot a Black snake (VERY poisonous) with her shotgun...and it was a room away from my bedroom. ack.

but ahhh, australia, i still love it.

Wow so close. You're lucky your mum had a shotgun.

Zefla

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
thanks Lily.... He is at the moment my most glompable man. Followed closely by Hugh, which makes your sig great to!! Hugh looks so puppyish and cute.

Weird coincidence that... us both being from Windsor. Whats it like over your side? Bit damp here.

what a coincidence, my most glompable man is alan too, i think i know everything there is to know about that man...then it's a tigh between hugh and stephen.

windsor over this side is hot hot hot! today it was 34 degrees. it's a famous shopping district, with awesome little vintage shops as wells as expensive botiques. clubs, cafes, art galleries...windsor ROCKS!

We have that stuff too...and a castle. Never actually been there but maybe some day i will. We have Eton too. Which is even more fun of weird little shops. Every time I wander over there I'm convinced that maybe a magic shop from Discworld will have appeared briefly for the day and then disappear again as soon as I leave. It was foggy today in my Windsor.

I'm thinking of going Alan Hunting at the weekend. Which depending on how lazy I'm feeling will probably be either attempt to find Mesmer in my hall cupboard or wandering over to the cinema for Sweeney Todd.

Reading your other posts I've just remembered why I don't want to live in the other Windsor. Spiders. Big poisonous spiders. run away!! Mirrorworlds are very odd.

Fryphile: you must be very cold.

LilyG

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 10:34pm Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!
We have that stuff too...and a castle. Never actually been there but maybe some day i will. We have Eton too. Which is even more fun of weird little shops. Every time I wander over there I'm convinced that maybe a magic shop from Discworld will have appeared briefly for the day and then disappear again as soon as I leave. It was foggy today in my Windsor.

I'm thinking of going Alan Hunting at the weekend. Which depending on how lazy I'm feeling will probably be either attempt to find Mesmer in my hall cupboard or wandering over to the cinema for Sweeney Todd.

Reading your other posts I've just remembered why I don't want to live in the other Windsor. Spiders. Big poisonous spiders. run away!! Mirrorworlds are very odd.

Fryphile: you must be very cold.

whats 15 farenheight (sp?) in degrees?

also, Alan Hunting sounds FAB, just let me get my coat!

actually, i think im going to go and watch a baby alan in my vhs of Romeo and Juliet.

xx

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 11:30pm Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!

actually, i think im going to go and watch a baby alan in my vhs of Romeo and Juliet.

xx

I think you mean what is 15F in Celsius? It's -9.45. Not too cold, really. Enough to require a hoodie for sure though!

LilyG

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 11:56pm Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!

xx

I think you mean what is 15F in Celsius? It's -9.45. Not too cold, really. Enough to require a hoodie for sure though!

:-// :-// :-//

i cant believe i wrote that.

*walks stupidly away.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 12:56am Post subject: Can we have a small (edit: no, GIANT) aww for Mr Fry?!

xx

:-// :-// :-//

i cant believe i wrote that.

*walks stupidly away.

Aww! *hug* I wasn't sure if you were referring to a system of measurement I didn't know! Typos are allowed! Even Mr. Oxbridge English makes a typo!