Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Desiree

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 4:37pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
You may laugh at me, but... I cannot see the blog. I click at the link and only receive a blank site. My computer says 'done'. Wonder if you have heard of such problems or if it is just my 'nice' computer that tries to prevent me spending time in the internet.

Would be grateful for each and every hint how to manage reading the blog.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 4:50pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
Same here. Cannot see it either, but could in the past... how very strange!

Perhaps they´re fiddling with it, because there is a new blog being processed/uploaded? (being even-numbered, a more "structured" one...) - not that I´d want to raise anyone´s hopes... but I could warm to the idea (not too difficult with outside temperatures close to 30 degrees C) even though, generally speaking, it beats me how Mr Fry finds the time for "blogging"....

Desiree

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 5:22pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
Hello Gerti,

I am glad you have the same problem. Not that I like us encountering them, but well, nice to know we are not alone. The hope you gave is just great. Only have to be patient then?

I have a friend in Vienna. I bet, she will suffer like you now because of the heat. Frankfurt is not much better. X-D

Lets see when we will be able to read the blog. You are used to it, I am a newbie.

Seems that being 'mentally productive' opens the mind that much that you are able to do even more things within the same time period as others (speak: us normal living beings). A pity I could witness such thing only once last year. :/

I am very glad Mr Fry has not much problems like me and lets us have a share at his productivity and life.

Thank you, Sir!

Fiona

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 6:50pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
Just realised I can no longer access the blogs, despite being able to before as well :'(

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 7:13pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
I cannot access the blogs either. They must be updating the server or something, maintaining it or *fingerscrossed* uploading something new.

Assuming direct control...

ClareBear

Posted Mon Jun 2nd, 2008 8:03am Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
I've paged The Sampson.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Jun 2nd, 2008 3:32pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
Thanks ClareBear

Small world, Desiree, I wonder whether your friend is bracing her-/himself for the European championship as well! Parts of the city centre have been hidden behind tall fences to avoid any damage being done to monuments etc., because the Mayor thought a "Fan Zone" right in the middle of Vienna was a good idea He should have left the thinking to those who are mentally equipped for it. Seemingly hundreds of chemical toilets have been placed in the square between the Town Hall and the Burgtheater - the place looks positively hideous! I wish I was a tourist - they are keeping clear of the City - can´t blame them...
Sorry, end of rant! Try to keep a cool head up there in Frankfurt

On a happier note: Le Blog can be accessed again

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon Jun 2nd, 2008 7:11pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
i can't access it :p

oh well i'm sure they are working on it.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Jun 2nd, 2008 8:54pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
It's working for me *dives into Stephen's words*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jun 3rd, 2008 7:32pm Post subject: Cannot access/read the blog
Me can access it again too.

Assuming direct control...