Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

zeligs

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 1:28pm Post subject: Changing my password

Reluctant as I am to start my FryForum life with a complaint or query, I find I am unable to change my password. The given password is, I am sure, a Welsh swear word or place name (interchangeable) but is otherwise utterly forgettable. It is however functional when allowing access to the site when copied and pasted. On trying to change my password to something more memorable, the same copy-paste routine results in some red text advising that this very same password is incorrect. If this situation cannot be redressed, or if indeed this query is itself unintelligible, I am resolved to learn Welsh for the sole purpose of contributing to these forums.

regnsparke

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 2:54pm Post subject: Changing my password

Snap

yechyd da

Simon Wheatley

Administrator

Posted Thu Aug 20th, 2009 9:34am Post subject: Changing my password

zeligs said:
Reluctant as I am to start my FryForum life with a complaint or query, I find I am unable to change my password. The given password is, I am sure, a Welsh swear word or place name (interchangeable) but is otherwise utterly forgettable. It is however functional when allowing access to the site when copied and pasted. On trying to change my password to something more memorable, the same copy-paste routine results in some red text advising that this very same password is incorrect. If this situation cannot be redressed, or if indeed this query is itself unintelligible, I am resolved to learn Welsh for the sole purpose of contributing to these forums.

Please make sure when copying/pasting the password that you don't catch a space before or after it (it's difficult to check these things in a password field I know). I re-tested the change password facility very recently when someone had the same issues, and everything worked for me. Please do let us know if you have further issues though.

S

jodevizes

Posted Sat Aug 22nd, 2009 12:38pm Post subject: Changing my password

Thank you for that. I was having the same problem but it worked. I think this is the first site that I have been able to sort things out from the start.

stimpsoncorner

Posted Tue Oct 6th, 2009 1:21am Post subject: Changing my password

Current password: (Your current password is incorrect, please retype it (alternatively, you can reset your current password))

Don't like me either - then again I am a bit thick

Lil L was here -----^
*~ RaNdoMnEsS rOcKS~*
And if you feel like saying hello you can find me on twitter. :D

katysara

Posted Fri Nov 20th, 2009 11:48am Post subject: Changing my password

zeligs said:

I have changed your password and sent it to you by email. I had no problem changing it so you should be able to change it yourself without a problem.

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com