Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Desdemona

Posted Tue Feb 24th, 2009 6:52pm Post subject: Characters that "change" in literature.
For my art coursework i am focusing on Characters in literature that "change"
e.g. Dorian Grey or Dr Jykell and Mr Hyde.
preferably from classics how ever it can be from any book.
Does anyone know any more stories that can be of use, that have charracters that "Change"?

Skip Life and come with me?

filthymarine

Posted Wed Feb 25th, 2009 12:20am Post subject: Characters that "change" in literature.
Well I suppose you could consider Silas Marner. Or, continuing on the theme of reformed misers, Ebenezer Scrooge! Hope that helps

Desdemona

Posted Wed Feb 25th, 2009 1:13am Post subject: Characters that "change" in literature.
Ahhh yes, i had forgotten about Scrooge. Thanks for that

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Feb 25th, 2009 3:05am Post subject: Characters that "change" in literature.
Optimus Prime!

Yeah, I'm no help at all.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

PamJH

Posted Wed Feb 25th, 2009 2:36pm Post subject: Characters that "change" in literature.
It's an old, tired book but there's always the grandfather in Heidi.

I've often thought that story should be redone in a modern fashion with Jack Nicholson as the grandfather.

Keep us informed about your work. I'm interested to see how many characters you find.

Desdemona

Posted Wed Feb 25th, 2009 5:06pm Post subject: Characters that "change" in literature.
Thanks for trying though Fryphile >.<

I was looking for more physical chang, so i can paint it or something like that, however emotional can be captured on camera too, so maybe that will work.

My friend though of another; Dracular, and I just thought of Bottom from shaggspeare.

Corona

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 1:43pm Post subject: Characters that "change" in literature.
Have you looked at science fiction books? Lots of them have that sort of change thing in them.

Desdemona

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 4:53pm Post subject: Characters that "change" in literature.
Unfortunatly i can't do comics or science fiction, because my main peice is going to be The picture of dorian grey. So I am studying the classics.

Dracular as another one that my friend pointed out.
And the baby that turns in to a pig from Alice In Wonderland.