Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

monochromeprincess

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 3:00pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
Hey guys
Right, first off, I'd like to say I'm completely in support of the idea we've got going at the moment in the Conservation Society, and I am completely willing and ready to contribute towards those ends, I think it's a great idea and I'm glad we've stuck with it. So :D. While saying this though, I don't think there is much problem in having two ideas work in tandem, especially when they're quite different, and try to approach the idea of fundraising differently.

The reason I set up this thread was there might be some interest in an idea I suggested a while back, about Fluffette merchanising. I just thought, instead of talking about it with whoever's interested (pressure's on you now to make me look like less of a babbling fool;) ) privately, we might as well discuss it here, where other people might also want to get involved and have some input.

If the guys running the other project want to say that they think my efforts here are counter-productive, or not helping, just say, I will completely understand. I just thought, as it seems like something that might be good to discuss, to have a place here in this lovely forum created for us to do just that.

That's all for now
much love
as always

mp xxxx

@dreamingshadow

TinaL

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 3:49pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
wow that was quick thanks for setting up this thread

What about that:

- every Fluffette who has an idea for, let's say, t-shirt, makes a pic of it
- we set up a homepage where everyone can upload that
- every Fluffette can vote for one or two
- when we have a winner, we'll collect the wishes (how many, which size)

Those Fluffettes who want could look for a printshop. Maybe someone knows someone who works in such a shop and can explain what we're up to, so that we could get them cheaper. Cheaper shirts mean that we would make more profit for our project.

I'm always searching for another way to get to more money out of it but I fail.

monochromeprincess

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 3:54pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
I know there's one in my town centre, but I wouldn't be able to get it cheaper as you say. Definitely something to think about.

Yeah, was thinking we could get a photobucket account for this idea if needed, if people don't have their own individual ones. I think there will definitely have to be some sort of poll thing go on at some point, in terms of decisions on chosen pics and orders as well.

So, calling all artists =D. I'm gonna give it a shot (although no soul on this earth would call me an artist, or anything of the sort), might start the artistic ball rolling.

Cool! Wootage.

mp xxxx

(edit: could always use facebook for image upload)

@dreamingshadow

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 3:55pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
I love this idea, if i can lend my artistic skills in anyway just let me know!

TinaL

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 4:23pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
I'll ask everybody I know if they know someone so that we could get it cheaper.

photobucket sounds great. My account is gone, odd but that's how it is.

@tallyg: please be creative

@Debs: after all I've seen/read: you're an artist, definetely.

scarf....we must make a Fluffette Scarf...omg how could we not think of it :D :D

monochromeprincess

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 4:46pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
Omg, yes, before you know it we'll have a boutique open here!!!
This idea is definitely capturing my imagination. Let me know once it's up and running, got a few things to put up

Also, just as an after thought, I have been in the past fairly handy when it comes to knitting/making basic (and I stress basic!!) clothes, so if there are ideas like scarves, which I am sure I would be able to do in some form, then keep them coming, because there's a definite way to make money. Any drawings or anything, of scarf ideas, and I can get knitting!! =D.

This is truly exciting me, lol.

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

monochromeprincess

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:21pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising

@dreamingshadow

gadgetgirl

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:33pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
I added this one to the account:

I know it's silly but it still makes me laugh as it's so unstephen. So perhaps not what we really want!

That would be me.

amberzak

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:37pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
This is fantastic. Thank you guys for going ahead with this in my and Wooden_elfs absence.

There is a chance that we might be able to get an intial sum of money to be able to produce things like this, and the book idea someone had. I can't say too much because it might not happen, and I haven't even told Andrew about it yet but there is a chance Starbucks may get behind us.

Wooden_elf and myself did have every intention of having all discussions on the forum, as there are nwe people joining all the time and they may wish to get involved.

Thank you all. Keep it up.

ps. This is why I love you guys.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:41pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
I have access to quite a few kntting machines n sewing type things, i have no idea how to use them but my mum is a genius with them n has made things 4 shops.

amberzak

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:48pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
I have access to quite a few kntting machines n sewing type things, i have no idea how to use them but my mum is a genius with them n has made things 4 shops.

fantastic

monochromeprincess

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:54pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier

@dreamingshadow

TinaL

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 5:59pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising

wonderful. Would it be possible to make e.g. scarves with, say, a slogan on it? Or only one word (like Fluffettes^^) . I don't understand anything about knitting.
That would be so great because we would only need money for the material.

And then we all come visit you and your mom and start a great thank-you-for-knitting-party

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising

wonderful. Would it be possible to make e.g. scarves with, say, a slogan on it? Or only one word (like Fluffettes^^) . I don't understand anything about knitting.
That would be so great because we would only need money for the material.

And then we all come visit you and your mom and start a great thank-you-for-knitting-party
She can make patterns, anything u like it can be knitted. Its a special machine apparently!
So any design can be produced really!

Soph

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 6:45pm Post subject: Charity based merchandising
What a fabulous idea. : ]
I'd really like to contribute in some way, if thiers any designs that are going along side the text I could have a go at doing some designs/ illustrations for it.

Photobucket