Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Occy

Posted Wed Jan 14th, 2009 5:22am Post subject: Chavre Kedishe
Fucking bastards.

For those who don't know - this the group of rabbi's who prepare Jews for burial and do the service and burial. No fucking wonder I am non-religious.

I went to a funeral today. Not only did the rabbi read the prayer from his mobile phone. They also buried the poor woman in the wrong plot. She was meant to go into one behind it. The kicker is that the name is already on the headstone and no one bothered to pipe up - it is on the back of the headstone so the people behind it could see and no one said anything.

The most fucked up thing that happened was that the rabbi attempted to make light of it - said she was telling us she wasn't going to go easily. I was ready to bury HIM.

So fuckity fuck fuck. Would have been amusing aside from the fact it all but killed her husband - who has suffered enough in his life (concentration camp survivor).

smilla.jaspersen

Posted Wed Jan 14th, 2009 5:14pm Post subject: Chavre Kedishe
you're absolutely right, it's a disgrace what these so-called professionals have done. there's no other word than disgrace for such behaviour.

Corona

Posted Fri Jan 16th, 2009 4:29pm Post subject: Chavre Kedishe
Some are men of God. Others are employees of a religious distribution company. I don't do religion these days.

Maxx England

Posted Fri Jan 16th, 2009 5:36pm Post subject: Chavre Kedishe
That's both of us tnen. Odd thing is I play regularly in a rehearsal room that's associated with a Baptist church here. Some of them do set out to do good and actually achieve it, but mostly (to me), priests of all types are just paid workers, not real believers.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Jan 16th, 2009 11:49pm Post subject: Chavre Kedishe
oh dear...we almost has something similar happen. The cemetery dug up one of the plots owned by my grandparents (they have like 12) completely ignoring the instructions (my grandma wants to be between her father and husband). A quick stop round the day before the funeral pointed out the error and luckily they were able to cover the old grave and dig the correct one in time.

So horrible when they mess up things like that. And so glad grandpa is in the correct space.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P