Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

boffinbabe12

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 11:44am Post subject: Cheese
I'm feeling curious... what is your favourite type of cheese, why and what are your cheese eating habits???

My personal favourite is bree because it is the best one to have with crackers, however I do not eat that skanky skin stuff on it. ANyone else for cheese?

ClareBear

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 11:47am Post subject: Cheese
either a nice strong cheddar, or some red leicster.

boffinbabe12

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 11:49am Post subject: Cheese
My friend Vikki says: My feelings exactly.
I started a poll on my bebo to find people's favourite cheese and NOBODY said leicster- I was shocked.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 12:15pm Post subject: Cheese
Here in Poland they have a delicious sheep's cheese called Oscypek. It's rather salty and is delicious when fried and served with cranberry sauce. I am also fond of camembert fried in breadcrumbs.
The only English cheeses available where I live are cheddar and sage derby, which are on sale in a food hall in a new shopping mall. The food hall contains a surprisingly large amount of English things, such as mint sauce, HP sauce, Colman' s mustard, Lea and Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce and those casserole sauces for sausages. Unfortunately only one off licence sells a small rotating selection of English ales, though the superb quality of Polish lager is some compensation. I wish I could find some Vernaccia (a delicious white wine from the town of San Gimignano in Tuscany), though.

meekychuppet

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 12:30pm Post subject: Cheese
I LOVE CHEESE!

I enjoy Haloumi, Tesco do a great mexicana cheese which goes well on a fajita. They do Wensleydale with fruit added, i.e. cranberries, raisins and lemon, blueberries and others. They do apple smoked cheddar, honey red leicester, I could go on.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

trouser material

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 1:19pm Post subject: Cheese
My particular flavour of cheese is.....................no, i won't lower the tone on this thread.

meekychuppet

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 1:26pm Post subject: Cheese
OK, I will then.

Smegma.

Gravesy

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 1:40pm Post subject: Cheese
OK, I will then.

Smegma.

There's all sorts of questions I want to ask and all sorts of reasons I don't want to ask them.

Right, back to the topic.

In no particular order:
Cheddar (from mild to stinky)
Wenslydale, even with things in it like dried apricot or cranberries
Camembert
Brie
Reblochon (I made a really garlicky Tartiflette over the weekend much to the disgust of my wife)
Mozzerella in panini with salami, toasted till nearly burned.
Bright yellow plastic cheese that goes in burger buns. It's all part of the taste experience.
Primula with ham, even when it gets stuck in the nozzle.

Soupy Twist

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 1:44pm Post subject: Cheese
Cheddar
Gouda
Emmental
Brie
Camembert

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 1:51pm Post subject: Cheese
May I also reccommend an old recipe I devised in the mid '90s: Half a bagel and butter it lightly. Spread pesto on it, followed by thinly sliced pastrami and mozzarella. Then grill. A delicious little snack, and if you roll a lpiece of kitchen roll into a ball an put it in the bagel's hole you can make your topping go across the centre too (it's easy to remove the kitchen roll afterwardsbecause the mozzarella is on the pastrami).

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 4:24pm Post subject: Cheese
I LOVE cheese... so many different types but my fav is:

Dubliner cheese!.... MMMMMMMM its a chedder, I prefer the white version.

Aoibheann

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 4:31pm Post subject: Cheese
Dubliner is alright.... much more fond of Mitchelstown cheese.. actually the fella in the pic with me is from Mitchelstown, went down there for his 21st! was pretty cool. some of the other lads thought it would be hilarous to buy him dubliner cheese for his birthday.... was pretty funny actually....!
Dont like the white kind of cheese... i ADORE that Le Roule cheese..... YUM! its sooooooooooo devine...!

ysabella

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 7:28pm Post subject: Cheese
Mmm, cheese. My favorite is Prima Donna - a pardano cheese from the Netherlands. I like most cheese overall.

Terri

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 7:51pm Post subject: Cheese
There was a foody-cheese-type thread somewhere, went looking for it as I wanted to copy/paste my reply here. Can't bloody find it though!

Okay - cheese. I'm basically yer mild cheddar type person, but I also LOVE cottage cheese, as long as it's plain and served with Marmite in some form or other: ideally in a wholemeal pitta - so stuffed it squirts out when you bite it.
I like breaking up Twiglets and dropping them into a tub of Cottage Cheese, and eating that with a spoon. Ideal low-fat telly snack

Also, and possibly even more odd, is my liking for Babybel and Twiglets, I usually use the twiglet as a 'lolly stick' and ram it through the middle of a Babybel. Another way is to use a Hula Hoop and push it through the middle of a Babybel so it comes out full of cheese. The same thing can be achieved with a Hula Hoop if you wipe it across the top of the Primula tube and squirt at the same time.

Can't beat cheese and marmite toasties though. I had to stop eating cheese for quite a while, but then had my gallbladder out last year so now it's fatally okay to eat it again. Bad news.

And now I'm hungry and I've already had my tea.
It had no cheese in it.

JVONEARTH

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 7:57pm Post subject: Cheese
Blue Stilton i like best....but don't mind any type really