Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Silverwing

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 10:39am Post subject: cheesey t.v
i should like to know why all of a sudden we have t.v shows with star wanabees-or hasbeens discusing thier old time favorites...its dead borin!
bring back the tiller girls-and bruce on the London pladium..what has happend to good old family entertainment? sat night was a time for a big bag of sweets frm woolworths,and great shows! i just got a digi box as well?
still dont beat them nights! blah-blah big producer mans...get woolfy smith back,or steptoe,or liver birds,or dick emery,or tommy cooper,or norman wisdom,or on the busses.and kathy come home documentarys.
HUH! stick THAT ,IN YOUR TAKE THAT, AND SMOKE IT!!!!!!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 5:33pm Post subject: cheesey t.v
There are way too many 'talking heads' shows now. It started becoming a common thing on television in 1999 and 2000 with everyone reflecting back on things like music from the past century, now there seems to be 'talking heads' shows on everything from christmas dinners to school reports.

Assuming direct control...

Andrea the Bookworm

Posted Mon Oct 8th, 2007 5:41pm Post subject: cheesey t.v
I agree - TV is very very cheesy and just plain blah at the moment - WAY too much reality TV - who wants to watch a bunch of boring teenagers and those of less then average intelligence prancing around with very little on and doing absolutely nothing of interest. And yes, the 'very best of the most boring possible subject matter' shows are just that - BORINGGG!! Do I really want to see a summation of what the best films of the last century were when I could spend the same amount of time watching one of those very films. I don't want to be told what's good and what's not - I want to find out for myself!

Bring back the good old days where watching TV wasn't an exercise in repetitively straining your fingers by flicking from channel to channel to channel hoping to God something you might have a remote interest in might be on. And what's the bloody story with EVERY station having ads on at the same time? OK, I know it's a ploy by advertisers to achieve maximum saturation, but IT'S A FUCKING PAIN IN THE BUM!

I remember the early days of television in Ireland where we had one channel which broadcast from around 2pm til 10pm! If you didn't like what was scheduled for the evening, you did something else.

But I could bang on and on - it's the same as politics - as long as we put up with the paltry offerings we are being served up every night, nothing is going to change and it's going to get worse. Here's an idea - switch off the blasted box - the broadcasters will cop on pretty quickly let me tell you!