Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gjhsu

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 3:59am Post subject: Children in Need Special
I didn't like this Wogan guy that much, think he is to slick (is that the word). am I solo on this?

I thought he was a pretty good guest. Very loud, though.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 4:17am Post subject: Children in Need Special
All I know is I don't want to "Wake Up to Wogan". Just not my style.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

bardess

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 6:17am Post subject: Children in Need Special
For those of us non-English folk, Youtube is fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcBiMazRaQ

I miss this show!

Thank you for thinking of us Loved it! Roni and David made the show but Sir TW certainly held his own. Poor Alan was like a rabbit caught in headlights

Occy

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 7:18am Post subject: Children in Need Special
I liked wogan - I though ronni was too quiet - didn't really give too much to it - it was almost like Fry talks to Wogan interview lol

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 10:59am Post subject: Children in Need Special
Was I the only one who thought Alan was a bit quiet? No, I noticed that aswell Maybe the strong presence of Terry Wogan made him quiet?

I noticed that too. He didn't seem to say much at all.

I didn't like this Wogan guy that much, think he is to slick (is that the word). am I solo on this?

I got bored when they were going on and on about Eurovision to be honest. I just didn't find that interesting at all. I'm not a fan of Wogan either. I didn't like Roni much either. The best thing in this episode was David Mitchell. ^_^

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 5:22pm Post subject: Children in Need Special
I see Mandibles. Anyone else there?

I thought it was an OK episode. It's terrific to have it back of course, it's just that usually the first episode of a new series becomes an instant classic and lolfest. As others have said, it's good to see Ronni back. I like her. And David's always great. I kept waiting for Stephen to do a card trick for Wogan

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amberzak

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 9:09pm Post subject: Children in Need Special

I am not too keen on him either. He was a bit of a know all. I actually cheered when he came in last place.

I noticed Alan was quiet. Maybe he was tired.

IdeaCollector

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 12:20am Post subject: Children in Need Special
Yay for David and I see Mandibles as well

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Mandibles

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 11:53am Post subject: Children in Need Special
lol oh dear, its like a more intellectual version of "Wheres Wally?"

Those two berks either side of me are my best friends Heather and William.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 5:03pm Post subject: Children in Need Special
Aww you look like you were having a good time Mandibles.

Mandibles

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 5:43pm Post subject: Children in Need Special

I was, it was a brilliant recording. In my opinion the broadcasted version wasn't as funny as it could have been. I remember that it was pretty dirty at the start of the recording.

Meh, it was a brilliant night anyway :

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 7:01pm Post subject: Children in Need Special

I was, it was a brilliant recording. In my opinion the broadcasted version wasn't as funny as it could have been. I remember that it was pretty dirty at the start of the recording.

Meh, it was a brilliant night anyway :

Aww I always wanna see the cut stuff I hear about from people who've been to recordings. Great that you enjoyed yourself though.

Musical.moment

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 9:30pm Post subject: Children in Need Special

I'm in shock, how can you not like wogan, his radio show is brilliant, He was a bit dominating but it worked well with him and Stephen Fry!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Nov 20th, 2008 9:12am Post subject: Children in Need Special

I'm in shock, how can you not like wogan, his radio show is brilliant, He was a bit dominating but it worked well with him and Stephen Fry!

It's easy not to like Wogan.