Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Desideria

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2012 12:05pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

It's almost November and I think we should start thinking about a Christmas Project. Perhaps we could collect some ideas in this thread and decide together what we would like to do.

I'll start. In one of those many nights in which I can't sleep and thoughts are galloping wildly about in my head I stumbled across the idea that we could perhaps record our favourite Christmas poems or stories for Stephen and make some kind of audiobook. I have no idea how feasible it is for everyone to find a recording device (the iPhone has a recording function as do most notebooks) and if everyone feels comfortable about hearing their own voice but I think it would be a very personal and lovely present for him. Those who don't have a favourite poem/story could perhaps even write one themselves and then record it. In the end, the arty people could create a booklet that contains the poems/stories.

I hope someone comes up with a better idea ...

@AvenidaMK on Twitter

inckognito

Inactive

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2012 12:27pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Ooh, an audiobook! I really love your idea, Desideria!

I'm perfectly comfortable to record a poem, but I was also thinking - maybe I could one in Russian?

Thank you for starting the Xmassy thread x

mvet88

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2012 12:28pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Hey Desideria, this sounds like a good idea. We did something similar for a valentine day project a while back. I have to be honest, I really don't like listening to my own voice especially for an entire story!! Can we perhaps just read a couple of lines from a long story or poem instead? Perhaps we can make up some kind of a christmas story for him and read our lines?

Just my 2cents worth.

Lily-Rose

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2012 1:25pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

What about doing his favourite poem? Do we know what his fave poem is? We could all do a line or so from it

@KristinEarhart on Twitter

Lily-Rose

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2012 1:39pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

What about doing his favourite poem? Do we know what his fave poem is? We could all do a line or so from it

@KristinEarhart on Twitter

mvet88

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2012 9:57am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

You know, I don't even think I know any Christmas poems!!

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 9:59am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

There's one Christmas poem. The Night Before Christmas. I've done a Christmas project before with that poem and it worked pretty well with the amount of people involved. There's also The Foolish Fir-Tree by Henry Van Dyke which I really love. http://www.carols.org.uk/foolish-fir-tree-henry-van-dyck.htm
I'm trying to figure out how I can upload a sound file since the only recording device I have is my phone and my computer no longer uploads from my phone.
Otherwise I'm all over that idea.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 10:00am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

mvet88 said:
Hey Desideria, this sounds like a good idea. We did something similar for a valentine day project a while back. I have to be honest, I really don't like listening to my own voice especially for an entire story!! Can we perhaps just read a couple of lines from a long story or poem instead? Perhaps we can make up some kind of a christmas story for him and read our lines?

Just my 2cents worth.

Agreed. My voice is monotone/low and I hate it. :/

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 10:04am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

....Is there any other way to record other than a phone?

andrealein

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2012 4:22pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Sounds like a nice idea. I can't bear listening to my own voice, so I won't join in on the recording bit. I took part in that Valentine's thing we once made, but never managed to listen to it, lol. But if we're doing pictures again, I'd be happy to help with that.

I think, I also like the idea of making it one story/poem better than several unconnected ones.

I am not a Russian spy, cross my heart and hope to die.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2012 9:06pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Having it one poem or story would make it more organized.

Desideria

Posted Sun Oct 28th, 2012 8:42pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Dear All, thank you for your input. I think we have it narrowed down to one poem, recorded paragraph by paragraph (or line for line) by all participants.

However, now that Stephen doesn't check his DMs anymore I have no idea how we should get the finished product to him. Shall we still do it? I must admit that I feel rather distraught at this point.

@AvenidaMK on Twitter

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Oct 28th, 2012 9:24pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

He still reads his timeline and there are enough of you in different time zones to get that message to him. You might try using the #fluffettes hashtag

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2012 12:55am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

For what it's worth, I think we should still do it. I am also very unhappy about the fact that some people have upset Stephen through DMs, but I think working on a project for Stephen, is actually a better idea now; it would give us the feeling we are doing something for Stephen whether he sees it or not.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2012 2:37am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

There's enough of you he's following that he'll probably see it if you spam it enough I guess.