Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

mvet88

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2012 4:15am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Yes, I don't see why the matter of the DM's should put us off. He always appreciates our efforts and I see no reason why we can't communicate through regular tweets. Toby is correct, we are all in different time zones and I think it will be hard for him to avoid us

Desideria

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2012 3:16pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Thank you for your input, guys. Personally, I don't feel really comfortable about sending out our efforts into the public domain but if everyone else is okay with that, why not. If all else fails I can still copy everything to a USB stick and send it to his agents together with some Christmas goodies because if I remember correctly he usually takes some Twitter time off around Christmas.

@AvenidaMK on Twitter

misprofessioned

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2012 9:22pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Hey! Just saw this thread. For what it is worth, I think we should go ahead anyways. i'm sure he'll notice tweet spam too. Have u already decided on a poem? I was thinking reading a short story would be better since we did a poem once already.

I actually had an idea but, but not sure how practical it is. Can we write out a story pretending we are all with Stephen in a room, with nice narration and all, like it is a story. And we are taking to each other.. and Stephen is telling us a story. Just imagine Stephen sitting in a armchair beside the fireplace sort of.. and all of us sitting around (or something like that). We can use one of his Oscar Wilde short stories.. and a few additional dialogues we can rip from old videos or something. and record our parts and put them together. I know its complicated and we don't have much time.. but though i'll just put the idea out there...

P.S. I'm still in if we are going ahead with a poem though. Although I must mention that my reading is pretty crappy, but for Stephen....

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2012 4:07am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I suggested this poem right here:
http://www.carols.org.uk/foolish-fir-tree-henry-van-dyck.htm
Don't know if anyone approves of it though.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

mvet88

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2012 10:59am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Misprofessioned I really like your idea but I think we are unfortunately short of time I like the poem too Prancing Jeeves. Do you guys think we should have a deadline for people to join up so then we can come up with a definite plan??

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2012 1:19pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

It is a good idea unfortunately, that would take a really long time to do and we're short of it. :/ We can have a deadline. November 15th? If there's not enough people signing in we could always do more than one part. I've done that before.

Stefi

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2012 9:56pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I like both ideas and I will participate in any case!

We are talking of the idea of beauty, and the beauty of ideas.

@Giggi_1

Peachy

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2012 12:54am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I love all ideas l'd be happy 2 do any illustrations 4 either

We judge ourselves by our ability to make a difference. Not noisily or with sanctimonious complacency, but deep inside, in that still small place where we really talk to ourselves - Stephen Fry
my twitter @peachytweety
:) :) xx

Wiwiel

Posted Mon Nov 5th, 2012 2:12pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I'll participate

I'm a Russian spy, ok? :)
@Wiwi_el

Plamitz

Posted Tue Nov 6th, 2012 4:52pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Yes, what a great idea this is! I would love to participate too!

EllieK

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2012 1:15pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I like this idea very much - was just thinking, perhaps we could have a couple of poems rather than just one, so that people have more to say?
Although the Foolish Fir-Tree is quite a long one anyway....I like it, very sweet

Here is a list of everyone who is interested in participating, just for reference.

Desideria
inckognito
mvet88
Lily-Rose
Prancing Jeeves
andrealein
ginj
misprofessioned
Stefi
Peachy
Wiwiel
Plamitz
EllieK

Also, I'm fairly certain that midsomerlover has an email address for Stephen which he has used to alert him to our projects before so we could ask Pieter to contact him if necessary, rather than tweeting him publicly (or as well as doing that)

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Fri Nov 9th, 2012 2:30pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Twas The Night Before Christmas is on that poem site. That one and the Fir Tree might be long enough for all of us to do. If it's not, perhaps individual ones can actually read one of the shorter ones that are also on the site:
http://www.carols.org.uk/christmas_poem.htm
http://poetry.about.com/od/ourpoemcollections/a/christmaspoems.htm

mvet88

Posted Mon Nov 12th, 2012 10:44am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Should we start to finalise some things soon? I'm still a bit confused as to what we are going to do. I know several people have said they don't want to speak so perhaps we could clarify who wants to do what?

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Mon Nov 12th, 2012 11:05am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I'm willing to read more than once. We should really choose what to do though by this month otherwise it'll be a huge rush of a mess by December.

Plamitz

Posted Mon Nov 12th, 2012 12:00pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I don't have problem with reading more than once either, and I agree with mvet88 and Jeeves, we should decide what to do as soon as possible.

Do you have any idea what could people, who do not want to read, do?