Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

inckognitto

Inactive

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 9:18am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

May I suggest the following:

what if we create a separate Christmas thread and put there post by post our personal messages for Stephen plus something else (like a drawing or a collage etc etc) and choose only one Poem to narrate (we'll take lines then not parts like for V project), Wiwiel will glue them together and upload to Soundcloud.

So, we will have to give Stephen then only one link (to the Forum thread) where he could happily scroll through our posts with postcards/messages and eventually listen to the Poem. We could put the Poem link on top or at the bottom of the thread, we will decide.

I think it would be simpler and take us less time. There will be no video though...

What do you think?

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 9:39am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Let me see if I understand it. We could make drawings and our own personal messages in one post on the forum. And then get the lines put together on Soundcloud? It could be any holiday drawing we want and not related to the poem? If we can make a thread with our pictures/postcards/art/messages do we get a longer time limit to put things together?
Because if we can, I really like that idea. It's really festive and fun.

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

inckognitto

Inactive

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 9:52am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Yes, that what I meant. There will be a separate festive looking Christmas thread with our posts that will contain not just our personal messages for him but also our drawings etc (not necessarily related to the Poem we'll choose) and the link to the Soudncloud (yes, we will do lines then).

I imagine Stephen listening to our Poem and scrolling through our Christmas messages and postcards

mvet88

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 10:14am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I like this idea As long as I don't have to appear on camera I'm happy

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 11:15am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

People who are camera shy could get involved too. Also it would be less hard work for others putting the clips together. In Soundcloud you can also set it up so that others can download it.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 3:48pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Hey y'all, glad to see you're having fun with this. Let me know when you're ready for this to be stickied

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Wiwiel

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 3:54pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Inckognitto, brilliant idea!
And not so many work for me

I'm a Russian spy, ok? :)
@Wiwi_el

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 5:00pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

If some people don't have mics, be sure to check to see if your phone records.

misprofessioned

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 5:09pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Sorry I went AWOL. I seem to have missed a lot of discussion. I'm a bit confused. So finally are we doing two poems or just the first one in bits? No video sounds very good though.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 6:11pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

If we do one poem in bits the good thing would be that the poems are long enough. However- if we do only one poem, could I recommend the Fir Tree one? Only because so many people have done the Night Before Christmas so Fir Tree would be a huge surprise. It's less well known than the night before Christmas poem.

inckognitto

Inactive

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 6:39pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I vote for the Fir Tree Poem to record

ps. I just thought that it would be great if we change our Stephen Forum avatars to our real ones during the Christmas week, so Stephen could see whom the messages are from Anyway, I noticed almost everyone participating has a real picture as their Twitter avatar, so ... why not?

Desideria

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 8:17pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

When we record the Fir Tree poem - will we have to do it on camera showing ourselves or will a simple recording of our voice do? Just to clarify that bit.

Otherwise, I really love the idea with the festive messages thread. Much easier to do than a booklet.

@AvenidaMK on Twitter

EllieK

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 11:36pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

Yes I like inckognitto's idea, it will definitely simplify things somewhat. Now we need to split the Fir Tree poem up...shall we just use the number of people we already have, or have a sign up deadline? We need to know how many parts to split it into!

@zany_zigzag on Twitter :)

“If you really want to be happy, all you have to do is say ‘I am beautiful’. So, I want you all tonight to go and look at the mirror and say ‘Stephen Fry is beautiful’. Good night.”

Peachy

Posted Sun Nov 18th, 2012 11:51pm Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

I love the idea would be happy to read out a bit of a poem & do a drawing
& I like ur avatar change idea inckognitto

We judge ourselves by our ability to make a difference. Not noisily or with sanctimonious complacency, but deep inside, in that still small place where we really talk to ourselves - Stephen Fry
my twitter @peachytweety
:) :) xx

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Mon Nov 19th, 2012 5:31am Post subject: Christmas Project - Ideas

EllieK said:
Yes I like inckognitto's idea, it will definitely simplify things somewhat. Now we need to split the Fir Tree poem up...shall we just use the number of people we already have, or have a sign up deadline? We need to know how many parts to split it into!

Would a sign up date by December 1st be all right? I'm not sure how long we'll have to post our messages/pictures. My message/idea probably will arrive in the mail in December. :/