Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gemma

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 9:28pm Post subject: compliance about actors not breaking the law during filming?
I enjoyed the latest podgram. Naturally.

On the question of Compliance enforcers...

I would assume that they are there to make sure the *actors* (not the characters within the fictional universe) don't break the law. You surely don't want to film someone actually driving on a public street while holding a mobile handset and not wearing a seatbelt, then broadcast this for all the world to see, as the actor themselves could be charged with breaking the law.

Now I suppose people will explain that driving scenes aren't filmed on public roads and my argument is all destroyed.

fryfan20

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 10:26pm Post subject: compliance about actors not breaking the law during filming?
I think that they are not even really driving most of the times.

I am what I am

SILV3R

Posted Wed Sep 3rd, 2008 1:48am Post subject: compliance about actors not breaking the law during filming?
I mention this in my post in the topic about the whole show, but essentially you are right. if they are filming on public roads, then it would be illegal for them to not be wearing their seatbelts. anyone telling them not to could also be seen to be breaking the law as could anyone not advising them to do so should they know that they are about to for the purposes of filming.

Yzsaakc

Posted Thu Sep 4th, 2008 2:01am Post subject: compliance about actors not breaking the law during filming?
I think that they are not even really driving most of the times.

I was about to make this very point and I'd also like to add that it's probably easier (i.e more efficient) to fake/act driving with a seat belt on than to fake/act driving-without-a-seat-belt.