Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Zelda Fitz

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 3:52pm Post subject: Compliance Defiance - loved it!
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed listening to Episode 5 "Compliance Defiance" - listened to the whole thing with an enormous grin on my face.
So wonderfully amusing - thank-you.
Zelda F

lauranerve

Posted Thu Sep 4th, 2008 7:18am Post subject: Compliance Defiance - loved it!
I so look forward to the podgrams so after a short absence from my download time I was thrilled to see that one of these nuggets was awaiting me.
I waited till the house was empty, took the phone off the hook and silenced the mobile.
Love it and will probably listen again before the house explodes with the usual weekend traffic.
Thanks

mumag

Posted Thu Sep 4th, 2008 11:22am Post subject: Compliance Defiance - loved it!
Brilliant! Listened to it on my way to work this morning, I've had a smile on my face all day recalling its contents. Still laughing. Loved every minute of it. Thank you for a thoroughly entertaining podcast! Please keep them coming!

europatrizia

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 4:15am Post subject: Compliance Defiance - loved it!
I've lagged behind in my Spooks (MI5 over here) viewing, for I remember numerous agents driving while speaking on the phone. In particular I remember Tom talking to both Ellie and Danny and pulling a 180 to head back to help Danny. As for seat belts, they are second nature to me and so I simply presume they are second nature to all the various spies and agents and experience just that tiny little lag in my suspension of disbelief. But, aren't the parents supposed to teach their kids to buckle up? And aren't the best bits when a spy gets pulled over for flaunting the law?

Cheery note. The milkman is making a slow, but steady return here in the States.

I also wanted to comment (feel bad) that in the US we never write .us anything! We have .com, .gov, .org, .edu and a few lesser known suffixes. But no .us. Why is that? You would think a country that is so beyond in love with itself would have long ago demanded a .usa but so far not a peep.

Thank you for a lovely podgram, Stephen. It's good to hear your voice.

The_Selfish_Giant

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 1:22pm Post subject: Compliance Defiance - loved it!
I find the voice of Mr Stephen Fry so wonderfully therapeutic. I have listened to this Podgram many times since its uploading and I'm sure I will listen to it many times over until the next.

A work of genius, thank you for cheering me up Stephen.

Samantha x

TinaL

Posted Sun Sep 7th, 2008 7:42pm Post subject: Compliance Defiance - loved it!
very well done, stephen...as always.

I loved the "heeeh? heeeeeh? heeeeeeeh?"-part

MerriBee

Posted Tue Sep 9th, 2008 6:55pm Post subject: Compliance Defiance - loved it!
I was listening to this latest podgram on my way home. I was on a public bus and I almost died from laughter/agreement/nervousness and/or a combination of all three.

As much as it is a clich├ęd thing to get nostalgic about 'the good ol days' and to gripe about as Stephen put it 'compliance', I heartily agree.

A ridiculous thing for people to demand from program makers.

JohnThomasMason

Posted Thu Sep 18th, 2008 3:43pm Post subject: Compliance Defiance - loved it!
I wanted to say, "As rants go, this was one easily suffered. If this podgram is your chance to dig a hole and shout in it, then I was glad to be in your hole to hear it before you 'pinched the loaf, as it were.'"

Then I realized this might sound a bit coarse, if not malapropian.

All the same, you were erudite as ever. And, while I understand your feeling a need to apologize, I happen to agree with you. So I'll simply add, "more power to you!"