Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maxx England

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 5:12pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
We have the UK version of Countdown (invented in France, franchised worldwide). Some noddy decided to sack the existing and much loved presenters (Ms Vorderman particularly the object of many mens' distant affections) and replace them with people I don't know, don't want to know, and who I find, on my brief acquaintance with the new show, to have the personality of a recorded message from a plastic goods company.

AAAAARGH!

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Jan 18th, 2009 3:33pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
How dare you :O

1) Vorderman was being paid a stupid amount of money for essentially reading out letters. So they brought in some bimbo to do it for minimum wage... seems fine.

2) The new host... Jeff! Jeff from Sky Sports News, who does Soccer Saturday. The man is an utter legend and I would more than welcome the opportunity to make love to him. Perhaps a weird choice to host such a show given his usual audience but heyyy... made me watch it.

So yeh, pff at you :p

Queen Marge

Posted Sun Jan 18th, 2009 3:59pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
I have nothing against the new presenter and number person on Countdown. However I do think the way Carol Voderman was treated was very poor.

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Sun Jan 18th, 2009 10:48pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
It's an outrage. I've decided to boycott Countdown and consequently I refuse to watch it. I love Countdown, but not anymore. It went downhill after the almighty Richard Whitely died, but it was still good. But getting rid of The Vorderman, now that's a step too far! I think she's bloody amazing, her talents are endless; not only is she a maths genius (an area which always terrifies me) but she has a doctorate in engineering and physics or something.
The other girl is alright from what I've heard but the new bloke presents it like he's reading the latest sports update. It's ridiculous. Bring back The Vorderman, that's what I say! (Oh, and preferably get someone else in as the host, any ideas?)

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Jan 19th, 2009 5:32pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
John Sargeant?

Lula

Posted Mon Jan 19th, 2009 5:42pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
I never liked Carol Vorderman anyway, and I liked her even less after she started doing commercials for a loan company that is intended at the sub prime market and would sooner take your house than have the repayments back, but I digress. I love Uncle Jeff and the new girl is fine too, Countdown has a totally new lease of life and I am wondering how long it will be before there is a new drinking game on facebook based on the "sayings" of Mr Stellling. X-D

WhyGenTom

Posted Mon Jan 19th, 2009 6:09pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
The other girl is alright from what I've heard but the new bloke presents it like he's reading the latest sports update. It's ridiculous. Bring back The Vorderman, that's what I say! (Oh, and preferably get someone else in as the host, any ideas?)

No. No... Bad. He's been on Sky Sports News for God knows how many years, he needs to get it out of his system, give him a chance. Get someone good and witty in dictionary corner and the banter will be unrivaled... Chris Kamara maybe? UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!

If a new host is absolutely essential I insist it's Brian Blessed

Maxx England

Posted Mon Jan 19th, 2009 6:16pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
Yes, but only available on televisions with a secondary volume control

Frankly though, I rather think the blessed Blessed is an outdoor Alpine variety, and the sustained warmth might make him wilt. A point to be considered.

WhyGenTom

Posted Tue Jan 20th, 2009 3:03am Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
Yes, but only available on televisions with a secondary volume control

Frankly though, I rather think the blessed Blessed is an outdoor Alpine variety, and the sustained warmth might make him wilt. A point to be considered.

I don't know, he presented Have I Got News For You and managed to maintain 40 minutes of hilarious footage, sat down, shouting. Countdown probably wouldn't be his thing, but he's Brian Blessed... the man could make anything watchable? lol.

Maxx England

Posted Tue Jan 20th, 2009 1:18pm Post subject: Countdown? Delete suitable letter :mrgreen:
True story: in the 1st Blackadder series he played King Mark. The script called for him to hack his way through a wooden door but nobody told the set builders it needed to be a "stunt" door", so it was made properly out of real wood. Comes the take for the scene, Blessed takes the blunt but still heavy sword he's been given and promptly shatters the door anyway. You could even tell just from watching. Bloody impressive.