Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

CollectorManiac

Posted Sat Jan 3rd, 2009 12:30pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
My letter from Cambridge finally arrived this morning, 4 days late but we'll forgive them that, after an hour of staring at it I finally bottled it and opened it, with a mindset prepared for rejection, to find this
"Dear Becky, we are sorry we have not been able to offer you a place at Gonville and Caius college at this stage. The strong competition this year has meant that many good applicants have been squeezed out. However, we have confidence in you abilities and potential to do well at the university, and so will make you available for consideration in the Inter-Colegiate Winter Pool"
Gah! As my best friend put it "It's effectively and accpetance, there's just no room at the Inn!" Which makes for happiness, except I now have to wait till the end of January, and might receive a phonecall for an interview before then.
Oh me oh my, this collegiate system business is stressfull xP

keymaker

Posted Sat Jan 3rd, 2009 12:37pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
we have confidence in you abilities and potential to do well at the university, and so will make you available for consideration in the Inter-Colegiate Winter Pool"
Good luck! At least you're still hanging on - if only by your fingernails. What I want to know is how did Millibrand get into Oxford with only 3 x BBB's when ordinary state-educated applicants were being turned down with 3 x AAA's?

km

CollectorManiac

Posted Sat Jan 3rd, 2009 2:42pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
Cheers very much

I have no idea, some of the offers you here about are spectacularly low all things considored, I cam across a girl who'd applied for french and been given a CCD offer at Oxford, terribly posh, attached to 'daddy' the whole time, there's a lot of that going around I found lol

I wish I'd founf out the name of the 2 German girls applying to the same course and college I was at, they were so lovely I'm curious to see how they got on lol

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Jan 4th, 2009 5:04pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
Congratulations Tango, that's a great feeling isn't it......and did you say dagnabit? X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

CollectorManiac

Posted Mon Jan 5th, 2009 11:41pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
It is indeed
hell yesh I did, it's a fantastic exclamation xP

Ewan?

Posted Tue Jan 6th, 2009 1:39pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
I went to Cambridge... it was most informative

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 3:43am Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
That is a bummer about waiting though. I'd be angry.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

CollectorManiac

Posted Sat Jan 10th, 2009 4:57pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
Indeed, it's a pain, but I didn't have to wait as long as I thought, my letter came this morning, unfortunately saying there were no places for me to take up, so I'm a little dissapointed, but it's not the end of the world, I shall go head first into my course at Leeds or Hull instead

Maxx England

Posted Sat Jan 10th, 2009 5:03pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
Consider it a blessing, you'll be living in towns where By Eck and Eeeeh are normal everyday expressions. Tha knaws.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Jan 11th, 2009 7:19pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
Bummer sorry to hear it.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

CollectorManiac

Posted Tue Jan 13th, 2009 6:20pm Post subject: Dagnabit Cambridge!!
Consider it a blessing, you'll be living in towns where By Eck and Eeeeh are normal everyday expressions. Tha knaws.

Haha excellent, in fact, I may well make it my mission to annoy my dad by returning to lancashire at the end of the first term spouting as many yorkshire cliches as possible and donning an accent