Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Trashman60

Posted Wed Mar 5th, 2008 4:01pm Post subject: Dam Busters Premier - Help Stephen
In my office, encased and framed amidst a citation from the Canadian Parliament is a Silver Cross awarded to John Thrasher RAF. He flew with the Dam Busters, survived (despite the fact that 1/2 of the 16 planes didn't) and went on to other triumphs until his death 2 months later over Belgium. Of his 15 brothers and sisters (man they had a lot of babies back then) about 1/2 saw action themselves. I am trying to arrange for a private showing (pre-release) to which I will invite all of my Uncle's surviving siblings, their spouses and children, including my Dad who also served, friends and family from my Mom's side who also served, and died and were incarcerated in German concentration camps. Boy my family paid a high price for that war. As an ex RCAF fighter pilot myself I cannot imagine the guts it took to fly that mssion, but fly it they did to their eternal credit.
This event, our own local Premiere will be a tribute not just to Jack, but to all of them who served.
Now, does anybody out there, and that includes you Stephen, know who I can contact to arrange this?
Not to be too ambitious about this but does anyone know how I can get in touch w the PR folks for this movie and perhaps get someone associated with the film to attend our local premier. As we live in a US top 20 market I would guess they want some publicity and we have many friends and family in media here who can help with that. So whoever reads this and has a clue as to how this can be done please contact me via this blog and let's chat. Thanks!

ClareBear

Posted Wed Mar 5th, 2008 5:51pm Post subject: Dam Busters Premier - Help Stephen
I suggest you go through Stephen's agent:

HAMILTON HODELL LIMITED
Fifth Floor
66-68 Margaret Street
London W1W 8SR
Telephone: +44(0)20 7636 1221

Trashman60

Posted Wed Mar 5th, 2008 6:56pm Post subject: Dam Busters Premier - Help Stephen
Thanks for the tip re Stephens agent. A young man dating my daughter is the nephew of another well known British Star who is represented by this same agency (small world and all that). So I have reached out to them myself and asked the young man to contact his Uncle who I met a few months back on a visit to the States.
Great!