Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TheElephant

Posted Wed Dec 24th, 2008 8:34am Post subject: David Mitchell hosting HIGNFY
I know it's a little late (and I already mentioned it in the Qi Christmas special thread, but was obviously off-topic there), but did anyone see David Mitchell as host?

If they ever want a permanent host, my vote would be for him. Easily the best host I've seen (since they've been guests), and just seemed very comfortable with the role, even while fluffing his autocue reading.

I don't mind Clarkson, but the fact that he just hosted highlights the different standards you get with guest hosts too. Mitchell's in a different league.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Dec 24th, 2008 2:30pm Post subject: David Mitchell hosting HIGNFY
I haven't seen that episode yet. I'll have to catch it! I love it whenever David Mitchell's a guest on a panel show. He's so good, I'd love to see him as host.

Assuming direct control...

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Fri Dec 26th, 2008 3:01am Post subject: David Mitchell hosting HIGNFY
He was just SO adorable, and brilliant. And he even made some of the worse jokes funny!
I'd vote for him too, I have to say.

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Dec 26th, 2008 9:28am Post subject: David Mitchell hosting HIGNFY
He is just fantastic at panel games and HIGNFY is right up his alley as we say. It would be neat if he chaired it permanently.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Sat Dec 27th, 2008 2:31am Post subject: David Mitchell hosting HIGNFY
Definitely.