Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Oct 30th, 2008 1:07am Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
Well it was bound to happen and I must say that I cannot wait to find out what his next project is.

Oh yeah and something happened with Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand. (note: i know what happened)

Big day for news in the UK.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 30th, 2008 2:03am Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
I have one thing to say about David Tennant leaving Doctor Who and that is:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

solarpoweredsheep

Posted Sun Nov 2nd, 2008 8:28pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
I LOVE DAVID TENNANT. But yeah, if he doesn't leave now he never will. Nooo!

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 1:43am Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
Arg, it's terribly depressing.

Desdemona

Posted Thu Nov 6th, 2008 10:02pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
My friend (seriouse doctor who fan) was crying about it..

I do hope he does more theater work, he was brilliant in Hamlet and i would love to see him again.

Skip Life and come with me?

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Thu Nov 6th, 2008 10:18pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
And, of course, we have Einstein and Eddington to look forward to. He's not going off our screens, at least, not for too long.

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Nov 7th, 2008 3:04am Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
Everyone is reacting the way I did when Tom Baker was regenerating. I was seriously yelling at the screen...NOOO! And it was over 25 years since that moment had happened.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

McGrew

Posted Sun Nov 9th, 2008 4:10am Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I think he' s wise -- Tennant is a Davies guy, and with Davies stepping aside, this means there are no problems with the new show-runner and the old doctor. The show gets a new world-view (if you will) and a new doctor to go with it. My question is, who would make a better new doctor than our own Mr. Fry?

Charles

Jeeves_and_Wooster_fan

Posted Sun Nov 9th, 2008 4:53pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who

I think he' s wise -- Tennant is a Davies guy, and with Davies stepping aside, this means there are no problems with the new show-runner and the old doctor. The show gets a new world-view (if you will) and a new doctor to go with it. My question is, who would make a better new doctor than our own Mr. Fry?

Charles

Not really, considering that the new show-runner is someone who has worked many times on the show already, David likes him.
But, you're right, he is very much a Davies guy.

McGrew

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 5:27pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
[
Not really, considering that the new show-runner is someone who has worked many times on the show already, David likes him.
But, you're right, he is very much a Davies guy.

I think Tennant has taken the "Outlaw Josie Wales" Doctor about as far as it can be taken -- you might recall a line from that movie: "Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes." Not without depressing everybody, anyway.

A Fry-Who (Who-Fry?) might be able to be a more light-hearted doctor, Well, at least as lighthearted as someone who actually *does* leave dead men wherever he goes can be ::-)

Charles

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 7:32pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Charles

Still doesn't make it any easier to break the news to my 7 yr old who's madly in love with Tennant. Mr Fry as Dr Who would certainly put a smile back on her face though

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 7:35pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
I'm still really sad about this news but it's exciting that we're going to get a new Doctor, a new companion and Steven Moffat will be taking the helm in the same series! Very exciting!

Assuming direct control...

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 8:42pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
The new who will be very very exciting and I can't wait to see the Moffat touch

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 8:48pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
I know it's too exciting I'm going to burst waiting for 2010 what with this and Stephen Fry's sequel to Moab! So much to look forward to! I always enjoy Moffat's stories and can't wait to see which direction he takes the show. I hope he keeps making the creepy, dark and spooky episodes.

Assuming direct control...

Shyamz

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 11:00pm Post subject: David Tennant leaving Dr Who
Sequel to Moab? I knew it!
Remember the interview he did for his fiftieth birthday on BBC 4? he said he might be thinking about starting on another book in around September of this year, so it looks as though he did! hooray!!

And no more Tennant-Who.
What the hell am I supposed to do now?! :'(

But I don't think we'll need to worry about not seeing as much of D.T on TV any more, he'll be so in demand once he has more free time that he's bound to pop up in some interesting things once in a while.