Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Posted Tue Dec 4th, 2012 10:23pm Post subject: Deaf Defrying

It beggars belief that adverts for hearing aids, mainly aimed at the elderly? never include the price, there's even one chap advertising a particular brand that mentions this fact and reasons not to pay over the odds, you've guessed it, the ad, also, doesn't mention the price.

They say you have to be a bit of a bastard to be a businessman, even so, this is underhand and needs to be addressed, because this practice must mean that there's unfair price fluctuations, generally penalising those that can "ill afford" the most.

Axiom Maxim

Posted Thu Dec 6th, 2012 5:11pm Post subject: Deaf Defrying

Fallen on deaf ears methinxs, I SAID F... er, oh forget it, hear today, gong tomorrow.

Axiom Maxim

Posted Thu Dec 6th, 2012 5:12pm Post subject: Deaf Defrying

I do believe I'm talking to meself.

Axiom Maxim

Posted Thu Dec 6th, 2012 5:13pm Post subject: Deaf Defrying

Jus' as well you talk a lotta sense then eh.

Axiom Maxim

Posted Thu Dec 6th, 2012 5:16pm Post subject: Deaf Defrying

You would say that cos you're biased.

Axiom Maxim

joan

Posted Fri Dec 7th, 2012 3:45am Post subject: Deaf Defrying

Well, here in Australia hearing aids, very nice, almost invisible ones too, are free if you are on the state age pension.

I laugh at adverts for them, and at adverts for medical insurance, as medical care is free for everyone, and dental care for those on pensions. Children have the school dentist - free.

(Of course, I worked for decades and paid taxes - it is all quid pro quo)

I don't understand why rich countries like the USA can't provide the conditions a small (in population) country like Australia does.