Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Sep 6th, 2011 9:43pm Post subject: Dear...

Dear Life,

Sometimes you f**king suck.

a pee-ed off flipper

That would be me.

michael

Posted Wed Sep 7th, 2011 5:31pm Post subject: Dear...

dear wildfires,

disappear.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Sep 8th, 2011 5:00pm Post subject: Dear...

dear wildfires,

what michael said. oh and the quicker the better.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Nitro

Posted Sat Sep 17th, 2011 4:14am Post subject: Dear...

Dear fellow student,

I understand you are having problems ( like everyone else ) and you are suffering under the weight of an immense amount of info delivered at an insanely quick pace ( like everyone else ), and you feel it's quite alright to come in to lectures and labs late ( or dismiss them altogether ) and then expect other students to downshift in order to catch you up ( even though the reason they're trying to finish early is to be able to eat before going to work, or because they have serious health issues that need tending to ) and no one is really hauling them up ( clear throat ); and I do hate to be rude, even a little bit, but positioning me or any of us to drag behind with you because you have personal problems ( nevermind the working single mother with THREE children who is NOT complaining and is always at class ), is an unfair request. And please pardon me that I would rather work with someone else who actually works.

Put a little more 'oomph!' in your proving you want to at least pass, and maybe we'll be a little less hard on you.

Sincerely,
Another struggling student

Really? Wow.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Sep 26th, 2011 3:09pm Post subject: Dear...

Dear BBC-

You might want to rethink this "Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only" stance and consider allowing non UK-ers to subscribe, that's called revenue, and it might actually help offset some of those cuts you're facing. I'm just sayin'.

Regards-
A mildly annoyed BBC America subscriber

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Nitro

Posted Tue Sep 27th, 2011 6:16pm Post subject: Dear...

Dear Whomevers,

People out here are really scared and really angry and really unsure about many things.

Your electioneering jive is played/tired/worn out.

Could one of you, for once, just act DIFFERENT than the typical politician norm? Really different. Not fake different.

Thanks,
a voter aka 'part of the audience, not really important'

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Sep 28th, 2011 4:25am Post subject: Dear...

Dear my brain and body,

What is with the sudden descent into loads of panic attacks? Things are going well. Mellow out as we have good things on the horizon and it would suck to not enjoy them fully.

Me

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

schildpad

Posted Thu Sep 29th, 2011 12:33pm Post subject: Dear...

TobiasMonk said:
Dear BBC-

You might want to rethink this "Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only" stance and consider allowing non UK-ers to subscribe, that's called revenue, and it might actually help offset some of those cuts you're facing. I'm just sayin'.

Regards-
A mildly annoyed BBC America subscriber

I'll second that!

I think you had better put the Indians on wheels so that you can run them about as you wish. Anon - Chief (1876)

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Sep 30th, 2011 7:39pm Post subject: Dear...

Dear ES's brain and body
Give her a break because she's lovely and needs some time out to enjoy life!
GG

That would be me.

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Sep 30th, 2011 7:39pm Post subject: Dear...

Dear self,

Time to think about the future, and where you want to be in 5 years time. Scary stuff but you can do it! Ice cream is allowed.

GG

That would be me.

Nitro

Posted Wed Oct 5th, 2011 7:26am Post subject: Dear...

Dear Occupy Together Protestors,

Be safe, stay sane. There will be disinformation and attempts to paint you as lazy, stoned students or radicals - anything they can to cause division between this movement and reality - instead of who you really are, which is the old, the young, the mid-aged; white, black, brown, yellow, red; gay/bi/straight/transgender; with a job, without one; students and hopeful students; well abled and disabled; women of every age and background; children; teachers, engineers, entertainers, doctors, bus drivers, welders, computer geeks and any other field that is barely making a living; it will try to represent you as something other than you are: US.

It's going to be a long haul, but it's time our elected officials stop selling us out to the wealthy elite who pay them to.

Really? Wow.

tannni

Posted Wed Oct 5th, 2011 8:57pm Post subject: Dear...

Dear evil people ... do not be angry!
1 It is useless
2 The world would be better if you stop being angry
3 You will get better

Tomorrow is closer than yesterday

michael

Posted Wed Oct 5th, 2011 10:49pm Post subject: Dear...

Dear Kitty,

despite the thirty minutes you spent bouncing around, panting, and attacking that big dark fluffy thing...

your tail is still alive!

thankfully.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Nitro

Posted Thu Oct 6th, 2011 6:40am Post subject: Dear...

Dear Fellow Human Beings,

As you look down from your lofty positions of...what?...and even further down your noses at those doing the really hard work of trying to ensure that your present and futures, and by default those of everyone you care about, better in any way possible, we hope you are enjoying your laughter and television and warm beds and that you will have them for as long as possible.

When you mock us for trying, for putting a great deal on the line, and try to distract each other away from the harsh truths of reality by using mockery...we'll feel sorry for you and your need to even do that. As you point and laugh, literally or virtually, we'll feel sorry for you and your insecurity and fear. Then we'll go on about the business of hoping one day you wake up and realize the world doesn't become a better place by doing such things.

Thanks for all your efforts,

US, WE, YOU

Really? Wow.

schildpad

Posted Fri Oct 7th, 2011 4:21pm Post subject: Dear...

To my fellow students,

Your mother doesn't work at the university. If you are too lazy to pick up your rubbish or flush the toilets, perhaps you are too young to be away at school. Have some respect for the rest of us and clean up after yourselves!

I think you had better put the Indians on wheels so that you can run them about as you wish. Anon - Chief (1876)