Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

lol8ta_120

Posted Wed Jul 7th, 2010 7:58pm Post subject: Debate Game for the Serious Minded

Which is the correct form when playing the dirty fortune cookie game?
Is it "between the sheets" or "in bed"?
To refresh your memory, I'll share some examples, but you may not have any of my freh basil and chili sauce:

It is easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better from the top. Between the sheets.

Every excess becomes a vice. In bed.

I have chosen to express my view in doggerel verse, and I think I am setting a very good example

Not So Soon After Dinner

When I regard my plate of eats,
Thai, Chinese, exotic meats.
I drop my fork, I drum my sticks.
I know what's missing from the mix.
When will they bring the dish of treats?
I long to play between the sheets.

I no longer believe that we can keep silent. We never really do, mind you. In one way or another, we articulate what has happened to us through the kind of people we become.
---Azar Nafisi

nevillemartin11

Posted Fri Jul 9th, 2010 11:33am Post subject: Debate Game for the Serious Minded

I want to say that All people have not play those type of game in which You have depressed and also not play the game constant. It is effect on the mentality of the people. So It should be harm as long as far.

Genius is an immense capacity for taking trouble

Ambrosia

Posted Fri Jul 9th, 2010 8:23pm Post subject: Debate Game for the Serious Minded

Lol8ta, I like your verse very much, but I don't understand the dirty fortune cookie game or how to play it. Can you explain it in simple terms that even a dimwit like me can understand?

lol8ta_120

Posted Sat Jul 10th, 2010 6:40pm Post subject: Debate Game for the Serious Minded

Wow, I think it must be vintage, that game, just something holding the generations together in my family. We need all the help we can get, there. We are often behind the times in Texas, perhaps that's why we are taken for insensitive.
Everyone cracks the cookie, reads the message aloud, and then tags "in bed" or "between the sheets" or anything to indicate something that lovers might do onto the end of the fortune. The sexual advice produced thereby is usually only worth a snort (it's about on a level with Cosmo's), but sometimes you'll get something really stellar. It's the coincidence and randomness of the thing, really.

Fortune cookies are so apt to offend people (or at least me) with their efforts to approximate "Asian wisdom" or something, I think they must be a western invenvtion. You know, something along the lines of the revolting "Confucius say" if you ever knew about that bit of racist attempt at wit. So the game's a way to mock the whole fortune concept maybe, adding "in bed" to the end.

I'm beginning to think it's a lame game, but I value it for it's lameness.

Also it will really only work if you have a fortune cookie fortune to hand.
Really I was just bragging that I'd had some good Thai food.

I no longer believe that we can keep silent. We never really do, mind you. In one way or another, we articulate what has happened to us through the kind of people we become.
---Azar Nafisi

Ambrosia

Posted Sun Jul 11th, 2010 10:46am Post subject: Debate Game for the Serious Minded

Maybe fortune cookies are an American thing. I don't think we usually get them in Britain. I have a very vague memory of getting one once and being surprised by the novelty of it, but I can't remember what it said. Sorry, I'm no help with the game. I do love Thai food so I'm envious of your meal!

PerspicaciousDolt

Posted Sun Jul 25th, 2010 10:12pm Post subject: Debate Game for the Serious Minded

Well lol8ta, don't worry my friends and I play the fortune cookie game too. I also just moved to Texas so howdy.

We use your phrases, but we also use "in the back of a Uhaul." We're a classy bunch.

I recently threw away all my saved fortunes. When I come across a goodie, I'll let you know

in vino veritas