Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 13th, 2007 8:38am Post subject: depressed
i don't think it has a sleep function, but i'll have a look!
Hi Panda,
How'd ya get on with the Sleep Function.
If all else fails, Maybe just a cheep timer on the mains could be the answer.
I know what it's like if I can't find the remote... Panic Stations.
BTW.... Blackadder is a good one to put on, especially the fourth, and especially the use of the word Gobbledygook. I like it, and I find I use it more and more in conversation these days Sorry Guys'. Couldn't resist it. For those wondering what the hell I'm on about?? I explain later.
xox
Pete

panda

Posted Thu Jun 14th, 2007 1:12pm Post subject: depressed
hi pete

really good idea to re-buy some of the childhood books you've given away/lost. i never thought of doing that! i just thought, once they've gone, they've gone. but of course its true, i could buy them again! i have been re-reading Judy Blume. Am now on the third book. I have to say its brilliant reading them as an adult (now 30), because i can really see how they are written, very clever! and i can barely remember them now i re-read them.
anyway, dug out my old video player and found my golden girls videos that my grandma made. i tell you they were brilliant! my boyfriend came home just as i was dozing off so he was able to turn it off. (he later woke me up snoring, but that's a different matter)
anyway, nostalgia. its certainly comforting. in the last year or so i have been getting into reading for enjoyment and relaxation like never before, and reading lots of new authors. so i don't feel too bad for enjoying plenty of nostalgia. if it makes me feel better, that has to be a good thing, doesn't it?