Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maniac

Posted Thu Feb 8th, 2007 10:31pm Post subject: Depression and Migraine
I'm not sure about Manic depression but there is certainly a link between depression and migraine.
I've done some research online and was wondering how many people posting on here have both migraine and depression/Bipolar.

I've had migraines since I was 4 years old and been treated for depression since I was 17. (It was there earlier than that)

Anyone else?

meekychuppet

Posted Fri Feb 9th, 2007 8:45am Post subject: Depression and Migraine
I grew in to them, my sister grew out of them. Usually for me it's dehydration that triggers it because I have cut out all foods that do so.

Maniac

Posted Fri Feb 9th, 2007 12:33pm Post subject: Depression and Migraine

Thanks

JVONEARTH

Posted Fri Feb 9th, 2007 4:28pm Post subject: Depression and Migraine
Never had headaches really if i'm really stressed and the back of my neck feels tight and i get one .
Dizziness is common with me........ If that's any help

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 10:11am Post subject: Depression and Migraine
I discovered that choc, red wine and cheese trigger.But my biggest breakthru was discovering that aspartamine used in diet coke etc play a major role . I probably get migraine every 2 months compared to twice a week.

meekychuppet

Posted Sat Feb 17th, 2007 10:13am Post subject: Depression and Migraine
Never had headaches really if i'm really stressed and the back of my neck feels tight and i get one .
Dizziness is common with me........ If that's any help

This could well be migraine - there is a type where the sufferer doesn't get a headache.

mazikeen

Posted Mon Feb 19th, 2007 9:52am Post subject: Depression and Migraine
I think hormones might play a role

For me: as a kid: migraine
when my periods started (and I used 'the' pill): depressions
when my son was born up to now: manic depressions

I also see a similarity in the processus, a bit like a wave from the back of your head to the front
my migraine attacks alwas started with seeing things (visual system is located in the back, the occipital lobe), flashlights, and a bright halo around objects, and ended with pain in my forehead
my recent manic episode also started with not being able to see clearly, everything started looking bright and a bit like a video clip, then came the talking, and the methaphysical insights, and finally, (prefrontal cortex) the plans, plans and action !!! (hihi haha