Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Wed Jan 14th, 2009 9:27pm Post subject: Derren Brown
Did anyone watch Derren Brown last night on Channel 4? HE IS A FREAKING GENIUS! How the hell does he do that?! I sat there watching the whole programme with my mouth hanging wide open, he's just so amazing. But how does he do it?! I think he's actually the Devil reincarnate. But he's not evil enough (not as far as I know), so maybe he's just magic.......

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

Desdemona

Posted Thu Jan 15th, 2009 1:48am Post subject: Derren Brown
he is freakishly clever to distraction. Thats how half his tricks work, oh and by working out your mind set, and reading your body language.

However i didn't see the show your on about. Imagen what the world would be like, if talent like his was in the wrong hands.

Skip Life and come with me?

Soph

Posted Thu Jan 15th, 2009 6:52pm Post subject: Derren Brown
He is really good at whatever the hell he does. Clever trickery I would say.

It was two nights ago and I'm still thinking about it, he's captivating to watch. Once you've caught the beginging you have to watch the full thing. And he always goes that step further, you wont be expecting the next thing etc. He blows my mind, hah. xD

I liked the gorilla bit, I'm so amused at the simpleist things. (Perhaps not simple, actually.) But no one was expecting it !

Photobucket

Django

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 1:00pm Post subject: Derren Brown
We watched it here with a couple of friends and had a great time. In my opinion his trick or treat series is the single best series about perceptual manipulation around, hands down. (But while you're watching my hands, i'm braiding my hair with my tongue.)

How'd you think he did the flying table? An alternate magnet? I've seen it applied on a small scale but sheesh, this guy, you expect him to come out of left field and throw a curveball, but you don't expect him to bend spacetime in the process.

Even after watching intentfully, the majority of the magic in this show continues to elude me.

Django

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 1:04pm Post subject: Derren Brown
he is freakishly clever to distraction. Thats how half his tricks work, oh and by working out your mind set, and reading your body language.

However i didn't see the show your on about. Imagen what the world would be like, if talent like his was in the wrong hands.

The basics of his techniques are applied on a daily basis in advertisements, television, religion and people management. Cohorts of Satan, to be brief. Making people buy into silly things they don't need.

I'm looking for a positive example. We shot all those people i believe...

Help

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:17pm Post subject: Derren Brown
The little card trick he did with Stephen was good but if you pay attention to it you can see what he's doing.
That said he's still very bloody clever.
He even made Stephen swear!

fryfan20

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 3:25am Post subject: Derren Brown
I really like darren, very impressive

I am what I am